How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Leicester claims

    If you fall over in the street, it can be very embarrassing and painful. However, what is most frightening about having an accident in the street is that it can be difficult to get the help you need and get to safety easily. You are at risk of criminals if you are badly injured, and if you don’t have a phone then you may not be able to get the medical attention you need on your own.

    In this case, it is helpful to know what your options are and how you can get your injuries seen to as quickly as possible. The most important thing is to learn these tips in advance so that you don’t panic and are able to deal with the situation easily.

    • Sit still. Although it is embarrassing to have fallen over in the street, don’t try to leap straight back to your feet and get away from the situation if you have had a bad fall. You may injure yourself more if you have been injured in some way. Sit still and take a moment before you move.
    • Assess your injuries. Just think about how you are feeling and recognise any signs of pain throughout your body. You may also want to visually check over your body to see if there are any obvious injuries.
    • Call for help. Call out to individual people (studies show that if you make eye contact with a person, they are more likely to come to your aid than just calling out in general) to come and offer you assistance or call an ambulance if you have been badly injured.
    • Look around the area. Try to ascertain what caused you to fall over, and whether this is the fault of the local authority or yourself. If there is damaged paving around you, then you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries.

    Do you need to make Leicester claims?

    If you have been injured by a fall which was caused by damaged paving, you may be able to make Leicester claims against the local authority. It is their job to maintain the roads and ensure that they are safe for people to be walking around on. If the road is damaged and this has caused your fall, making Leicester claims can not only help you to get compensation for your injuries, but will also force the council to make changes.

    Call Accident Advice Helpline on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or dial 0333 500 0993 from a mobile to find out more about the Leicester claims process and get help deciding whether to make a claim or not. If you do decide to proceed, Leicester claims are handled by injury lawyers working on a 100% no win no fee basis, to make the process easier and cheaper for you.

    Date Published: 25th June 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.