Had an accident at work in Hart?
If yes then you could be entitled to compensation for any personal injury you have suffered. Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm who specialise in injury claims resulting from accidents at work. They also handle other types of claims such as medical negligence and road traffic accidents. Seeking expert legal help for a workplace injury could be the difference between a quick and drawn out recovery.
In the United Kingdom there are laws and regulations which protect employees and safeguard their health. All employers have a responsibility to provide a safe and healthy working environment.
Regulations and laws
The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 is legislation that covers occupational health and safety. The Health and Safety Executive is responsible for implementing and regulating the Act and other laws and policies regarding health and safety at work.
Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974:
- Employers should provide adequate training
- Noise, temperature, dust and fumes should be regulated and within the necessary limits
- Protective clothing and equipment should be made available when required
- Machinery and equipment should be safe to use and maintained regularly
All employees also have a responsibility in creating a safe work environment, and procedures and protocol should be followed at all times to minimise the risk of any injury.
Other policies and regulations
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Workplace Regulation 1992
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR)
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- The Manual Handling Operations 1992
- Personal Protective Equipment Work Regulations 1992
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Fire Precautions Regulations 1999
- Health and Safety Regulations 1998
- Noise at Work Regulations 1989
The purpose of these regulations is to safeguard the health, safety and well-being of all workers in the UK.
Seeking expert legal help for workplace injury in Hart
If you have suffered an injury whilst at work, or suffered an illness/disease because of your job then an legal help for workplace injury in Hart could help you win the compensation you rightly deserve.
Accident Advice Helpline can appoint you a legal representative who has the expertise to handle claims for accidents at work. Call us for free on 0800 689 0500 or from your mobile on 0333 500 0993 and one of our helpful team will answer any questions you may have. Lines are open all day and if we can’t talk to you straight away then we’ll call you back. You are under no obligation and can take your time to decide whether you wish to make a claim.
Date Published: 7th December 2014
Author: David Brown