Going to the hair or beauty salon can be a real treat. It provides a chance to have a new exciting treatment or get that much-needed haircut and just sit back, relax and enjoy being pampered. This experience can quickly turn into a nightmare scenario though if an accident happens as a result of a hairdresser or beauty therapist’s actions.
Such an accident may leave you with an injury and you may want to claim compensation via a lawyer in Wisbech, your local area, or another legal provider, as recompense for the ordeal.
Common accidents in hair and beauty salons
When you visit a hair or beauty salon you expect to be safe from harm, that all staff are properly trained, any necessary patch tests or other checks will be carried out prior to treatment, all chemicals and other products will be handled with care and that all equipment will have been checked and declared fit for use. In most cases they are. However, from time to time accidents in hair and beauty salons are reported.
The types of accidents reported include cases where:
- Clients have suffered skin irritations or burns due to allergic reactions to chemicals used in particular products when patch tests were not undertaken before the products were applied;
- Chemical such as hair dye have been dropped into clients’ eyes and caused sight irritations or impairments;
- Equipment has not been cleaned or sterilised and has led to infections, in the case of piercing and waxing equipment;
- Customers have been burnt, and even scalded, by hot water when having their hair washed;
- Cuts, bruises and scars have resulted from the improper use of equipment or negligent actions, such as when scissors have accidentally pierced skin on the ears, face or neck whilst cutting hair, or overheated products used in waxing have caused scars.
Although the pain and discomfort caused by many of these injuries may be short-term they can cause long-lasting psychological affects which may be more significant than any physical effects. The facial area in particular if scarred or injured can result in a loss of confidence, self-esteem and poor self-image which ultimately can result in more severe conditions like depression and anxiety.
If the carelessness or negligence of your own hairdresser or beauty therapist has caused you an injury then you should consider claiming compensation and receive some form of justice.
Compensation with Accident Advice Helpline or a lawyer in Wisbech
You can make a claim using a local service from a lawyer in Wisbech or Accident Advice Helpline, which ever you prefer. However, we’d advise you to contact our advisors first before going to your local solicitors’ office. You can get no-obligation advice, free of charge via our helpline which will confirm if you can claim and how much you may be able to claim, so you can decide if a claim is worth your while before you spend money on an appointment with a lawyer in Wisbech.
However, if you did decide to claim with Accident Advice Helpline then you could do so on a no-win, no-fee* basis and take advantage of our expertise. For more information or to start a claim call us on 0800 689 0500 (free from your landline) or 0333 500 0993 (from your mobile, which may incur costs).
Date Published: 31st December 2013
Author: David Brown