If you are the innocent victim of any type of accident that was not your fault, you may need the help of our personal injury lawyer in Tonbridge to claim the compensation that British law says you are entitled to. The type of accident does not matter, as long as its took place no more than three years ago, and your injuries needed medical attention our personal injury lawyer in Tonbridge will be able to assist you with your claim.
There are some exceptions to the three year rule, these being:
- If the accident you were injured in happened on board a ship or a plane, the time limited is reduced by one third to two years.
- If you have an industrial illness or condition, the time limit is three years from the date of diagnosis. This is because some of them take many years to develop, but even if you no longer work for the employer where you contracted the illness you can still make a claim.
- In the case of fatal injuries claims, the bereaved family has three years from the date of death, if that is after the accident. If the victim knew they injuries were life threatening but lived three years without making a claim, the family is unable to do so.
- If your injuries are because of a violent crime, the time limit is two years.
- If you were under 18 when the accident happened and no one made a claim on your behalf at the time, you have three years from your 18th birthday, until the day before your 21st birthday, to start your claim.
- If your injuries were from a violent crime and you were under 18 at the time, you have two years from your 18th birthday, until the day before your 20th birthday to start your claim.
A court can overrule the time limit in exceptional circumstances, but it is very rare and usually involves injuries of a mental nature.
How our personal injury lawyer in Tonbridge can help with your claim
For the inexperienced victim, making a claim would be complicated, time consuming and stressful. Using the personal injury lawyer in Tonbridge at Accident Advice Helpline makes it simple fast and efficient, and we take the stress off your shoulders.
We make sure that everything is accounted for as part of your claim so that you get the best deal for your circumstances. As every accident, injury and victim is unique, we will treat your claim as the unique entity that it is, and you with the respect you deserve.
If you call our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123, our helpful and friendly advisors will answers any concerns you may have about making a claim, and provide you with all the information you need to decide if this is the best way forward for you. Deciding to make a claim has to be your choice, so any advice they give you will be free of any obligation or pressure.
Date Published: 23rd July 2014