Tipton is located between Birmingham and Wolverhampton and was once one of the most industrialised towns in the midlands. In th 1980’s sort of time, many of the factories were closed and demolished and they have been replaced with large housing estates. Many of these are private homes, and Tipton has become a very desirable area to live, house prices rising accordingly. This is all very good news for the residents of Tipton – it’s a pity we can’t tell them that none of them will be injured in accidents as well.
Accidents happen all over the UK every day of the week, including in Tipton. If anyone is injured in one of these accidents and the accident was not their fault, they should contact our injury lawyer in Tipton to discuss making a personal injury claim.
Talking to our injury lawyer in Tipton about making a personal injury claim
If a victim contacts Accident Advice Helpline, there are a few questions we will have to ask before we can start a claim, such as:
- Do you fit the criteria of being injured in an accident that was not your fault less than three years ago?
- Can you provide medical reports from the doctors that treated your injuries?
- Do you have any evidence that the accident was the fault of someone else? This could be witness detail, photos of the accident scene or any other detail that you think may strengthen your claim.
- Were the police involved, if they were they will have given you a crime number which will be needed to get a copy of the police accident report. This can be vital for a claim, as these reports often point the finger of blame.
- If the Health and Safety Executive were involved, a copy of their report could be vital.
- It is usual for an accident to create extra expenses, such as travelling costs, medical expenses, care costs etc. These are all reclaimable as part of your claim, providing you can give proof of them. Our injury lawyer in Tipton will want you to keep receipts for everything you have to spend.
- They will want to know if you have had to lose time from work because of the accident, so do you have a claim for loss of earnings? Just like the expenses, proof of this will be needed.
Some of these things differ greatly from victim to victim, which is why two with similar injuries can receive totally different amounts.
Getting the help you need
If you need to make a personal injury claim, the least stressful way is to contact Accident Advice Helpline. Our experience and expertise will ensure that your claim reaches the full potential so that you get the maximum amount available for your situation. If you call our freephone helpline on 0800 180 4123, our friendly advisors will assist you all they can with your personal injury compensation claim.
Date Published: 23rd July 2014