If you suffer a whiplash injury, you may want to know if you are allowed to claim for compensation because of your injury. Contact an injury lawyer in Three Crosses to see if you can make an injury claim for your whiplash injury.
One of the common causes for this injury is when a car goes into the back of your car with force. This causes your head to be jolted out of its normal comfort zone, either forwards, backwards or sideways, causing damage to your neck ligaments and tendons.
If you find yourself in this position then you might want to make an injury claim using an injury lawyer in Three Crosses from Accident Advice Helpline to help you.
Other causes for a whiplash injury and using an injury lawyer in Three Crosses
There are other ways in which you can suffer this terrible injury, for example:
- Contact sports such as boxing or rugby, where a blow to the head occurs
- Falling off a cycle, horse or something similar
- Heavy lifting done incorrectly
- A slip, trip or fall where you may bang your head
- Being struck on the head by a heavy or solid object
No matter how you sustain your whiplash injury, as long as it was not your fault, our lawyer in Three Crosses will be able to help with your personal injury claim.
The symptoms of a whiplash injury
The symptoms of whiplash do depend on hour serious the injury is, but at its worst can include:
- Pain in the neck area
- Tenderness in the neck muscles
- Reduced and painful neck mobility
- Lower back pain
- Pain in your hands and arms
- Numbness or pins and needles in your hands and arms
- Muscle spasms
- Blurred vision
- Vertigo – the sensation that you are spinning or moving while standing still
- Anxiety or depression
Accident Advice Helpline and the criteria of making a claim
As long as you fit the criteria you should be allowed to make an injury claim because of your whiplash injury, for example:
- In an accident that was not your fault
- The accident should have been within the last three years
- You should have sought medical treatment for your injuries
Accident Advice Helpline will help you to make a whiplash injury compensation claim
Accident Advice Helpline will assist you in making your claim. If the whiplash is a result of a road traffic accident, we will deal with the motor insurance company or the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB), if for some reason the other party is uninsured or untraceable as in the case of hit and run. If the accident is a result of some other form of accident we will deal with who ever necessary, such as:
- Local authorities
- Government departments
Our freephone number is 0800 180 4123, where you can speak to one of our friendly advisors, or you can complete our 30-second test online for guidance as to the amount of compensation you might be awarded.
Date Published: 11th July 2014