Claiming compensation for eye injuries
If you are suffering from an eye injury, you could experience:
- Pain in your eyes
- Your eyes becoming light sensitive
- Wet or dry eyes caused by an alteration in the production of tears
- Blurred or impaired vision
- Eye muscle spasms
- The sensation of something in your eye
- Redness and swelling around the eye
- The eye being bloodshot
- Problems keeping your eyes open
Any of these symptoms need medical attention, as the eyes are so delicate. You should never try to treat them yourself as you can do more harm than good. The same applies to claiming compensation if the injury was caused by someone else, you should let our injury lawyer in Tenbury Wells do this for you, rather than attempting it yourself.
How eye injuries happen
Eye injuries can happen in many different ways, just some of them being:
- A blow to the eye. This can create inflammation, and a blow can cause bleeding to the eye and very occasionally cause the retina to become detached, which if not treated will lead to permanent loss of sight
- Foreign bodies in the eye, the severity will depend on what substance is in the eye and whether it has cut the eye or not
- Cuts to eyelids and the eyeball, caused by things such as flying glass in a road traffic accident
- Exposure to gasses or chemicals at work, where your employer should have provided protective eye-wear
- Ultraviolet light, exposure to the sun or sun lamps can cause flash burn to the cornea
- Not wearing contact lenses correctly can scratch the eye
Claiming compensation with the help of an injury lawyer in Tenbury Wells
If the accident that caused your eye injury was not your fault then you may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim, and our injury lawyer in Tenbury Wells can hep you with this.
Accident Advice Helpline has been assisting people with their personal injury compensation claims since 2000, and we have dealt successfully with many thousands of cases, including eye injury claims. Our solicitors have a great deal of experience in obtaining a fair compensation deal for our clients, in a fast, simple, and efficient manner.
In just a few minutes one of our advisers will talk through your accident with you, discuss your options and give you an idea about how much compensation you can expect.
You can contact the advisers on our freephone number, 0800 180 4123, for all the assistance you need, or you can complete our online 30-second test for similar guidance.
We operate a No Win No Fee basis, which means you do not have to find any money to start your claim or if it is not won. You have nothing to lose by making a personal injury compensation claim with the help of Accident Advice Helpline.