Accident Advice Helpline’s injury lawyer in Taynuilt and the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) can help you after your injury.
The CICA is a government funded scheme from where you are able to claim compensation if you have been a completely innocent victim of a violent crime. You must fit the criteria first to be able to claim for compensation and the CICA has to be the very last option for you to claim, you have to have already tried to get compensation from the person that caused your injury. But if you do not know who that was, or if their financial circumstances mean they cannot pay you, the CICA will consider awarding you your compensation as long as –
• The crime must have happened within the last two years, unless you were below 18 at the time when special rules apply.
• You must have been an innocent victim of the crime
• The incident must have been reported to the police
• You must have helped the police with their enquiries
• You must have received medical attention for your injuries
• You should be a UK citizen, an EU national with a right to be in the UK or be a member of HM armed forces. Close relatives are covered by this rule.
If you fit all of the rules, Accident Advice Helpline has experts that can help you, or you may find that an injury lawyer in Taynuilt will be able to help you make a criminal injury claim for compensation.
Accident Advice Helpline’s experts or an injury lawyer in Taynuilt
There are some circumstances where the CICA will not consider your claim and disqualify you, these circumstances are below –
• If you did not report the incident to the police
• If you have already applied for compensation for this particular injury through this or any other scheme (this could result in prosecution)
• If the person who injured you could benefit from your award because there is still a close link between you
Your claim can also be hindered if you already have a criminal record, even if you were in no way at fault for the crime in which you were injured and needed medical attention. You could still get compensation, but a reduced amount compared to someone in the exact same situation as you but with no criminal record.
An injury lawyer Taynuilt can help with your criminal injury claim
Accident Advice Helpline have been dealing with injuries from accidents and crimes for over 15 years and winning the majority of the cases involved. We have the experience you need for a quick and efficient ending to the traumatic experience you have suffered we just hope that you will be able to get some closure by the end of your case. Our advisers are highly trained professionals, the best in their field, who are very understanding and will help you through the whole complicated processes of a criminal injury claim.
You can contact us on our helpline number and talk about finding an injury lawyer in Taynuilt. Call 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone for free, no obligation advice about making a claim for compensation.
Date Published: 9th March 2014
Author: David Brown