Every single employer in the United Kingdom has a legal duty to protect the health and safety of all of their employees while they are at work. There are a lot of health and safety laws, rules and regulations they must follow and if they do not, and you have an accident at work in which you are injured and you need medical attention, you may be entitled to make a personal injury claim.
There are quite a few health and safety guidelines your employer has to follow, the most important ones are below:
• Have emergency procedures in place which all employees should know
• Have a health and safety policy that all employees should know and they should make sure it is implemented
• Carry out regular fire drills
• Ensure you have enough space to work comfortably without excessive twisting and turning
• Ensure that all plant and equipment is in proper working order
• Ensure that all safety guards are fitted to equipment where required
• Train employees to use the plant and equipment and make sure they are aware of any risks
• Keep walk ways free of spillages and obstructions
• Make sure they have proper breaks
• Provide free of charge any protective clothing or equipment that is needed to do the job
• Keep a record of all accidents in an accident book
• Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE)
• Carry out risk assessments and act on their findings
If you would like to find out more about these health and safety regulations, they are all in much more detail on the HSE user friendly website, along with the trade specific rules that all employers of that trade should follow. If they fail to comply, it can result in injuries to their staff and even prosecution by HSE. They also might have to face a personal injury claim for compensation if the staff member decides to contact Accident Advice Helpline for help in claiming compensation for their injuries.
Looking for a lawyer in Taunton?
If you have been injured at work and need to make a claim, contact Accident Advice Helpline as we have been, for over 15 years, helping workers get the compensation they were entitled to. We have helped so many thousands of victims with all types of injuries from all sorts of accidents with their personal injury claims for compensation.
We do not have a personal injury lawyer in Taunton working directly for us but this doesn’t matter, we can still help you claim as we are a national injury law firm that covers all areas of the UK. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in Taunton or anyway make us your first point of call.
Why don’t you contact our friendly and professional advisors at our helpline that is completely free to call, just ring 0800 689 0500 today.
Or why don’t you try out our 30-second free online test to see just how much you could claim for your injury in 30 seconds flat.
Date Published: 6th March 2014
Author: David Brown