The duty of employers
As an employee you have the right to expect to be safe, and your employer has a legal duty to make sure that you are. If they do not, they may face a personal injury claim from an employee who has used the services of an injury lawyer in Sutton Benger.
How to avoid having to face an injury lawyer in Sutton Benger
If the employer does not want any personal injury claims against them, they need to take precautions and put health and safety measures in place. For example:
- Have regular fire drills;
- Have procedures in place in case of an emergency, and make sure all employees know the details;
- Ensure staff are properly trained to use any plant and equipment;
- Carry out risk assessments and act on any findings;
- Record accidents in an accident book;
- Report serious accidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE);
- Make sure staff take proper breaks;
- Make sure walkways are kept clean and free from obstruction;
- Have a health and safety policy, the details of which all staff are aware;
- Make sure everyone has enough room in which to work comfortably;
- Ensure that all equipment and plant is in proper working order and has the required safety devices fitted; and
- Provide free of charge any clothing employees need to protect them, and insist on the staff wearing it.
You may be entitled to make a personal injury compensation claim using an injury lawyer in Sutton Benger if your employer does not comply with their legal duties and you are injured in an accident. Don’t worry if you do this that you will put them out of business — they should have employers’ liability insurance, which will settle your claim. This is another legal requirement for most employers.
Accident Advice Helpline and finding an injury lawyer in Sutton Benger
Accident Advice Helpline are here to help you make your employment injury claim. For over 15 years, we have been providing access to justice for non-blame victims of accidents, and have helped many thousands of claimants get the compensation to which they were entitled, giving us an enviable reputation for complete customer satisfaction.
Accident Advice Helpline have in-house solicitors who have the experience and knowledge you need to ensure that your claim is covered in all areas, and that you get the maximum amount due with as little trouble to yourself as possible.Open Claim Calculator
On our website, we have a compensation calculator which we call the 30-second test. This will help you decide if you qualify for compensation, and give you a rough estimate of how much you can expect to be awarded.
Alternatively, you can speak to one of our friendly, professional advisors on our freephone number 0800 180 4123. We are there to give you free advice whenever you want to call