Lawyer in Sutherland
In recent years, cycling has become a very popular pastime for people all over the UK. Cycling is done for recreation, sport, or commuting to and from work. It does not matter what your age is or why you choose to ride — if you come off your bicycle in an accident that was not your fault, you could be injured and you may be able to make a personal injury claim using an injury lawyer inSutherland at Accident Advice Helpline.
Cyclists are very vulnerable on the roads, that is the big problem. They have very little protection if they have an accident, so their injuries tend to be more severe than that of a car driver, who has some protection from their vehicle.
How to reduce the risks of serious injury in a cycling accident
There are a few things cyclists can do to reduce the risks of serious injury, such as:
- Wearing high-visibility jackets and stripes, which will make you more visible to other road users;
- Not riding next to another cyclist, as this can make it difficult for a car to overtake and you might be knocked off your bike;
- If you are passing parked cars, making sure you leave at least a car door width between you and the cars to avoid a driver opening his door and hitting you;
- Maintaining your bicycle;
- Having a good knowledge of the Highway Code;
- Wearing sturdy footwear to protect your feet and ankles;
- Wearing kneepads and elbow pads to help protect the joints; and
- Wearing a well fitting, good quality helmet to reduce any head injuries you may sustain.
The injuries that are likely to happen in a cycling accident
There are lots of different types of injuries that happen in cycling accidents, such as:
- Back and spine injuries;
- Soft tissue damage;
- Head and brain injuries;
- Road rash;
- Facial injuries;
- Whiplash injuries;
- Dental injuries; and
- Anxiety and stress.
Any injuries sustained in any accident that was not your fault may entitle you to make a personal injury claim using an injury lawyer in Sutherland.
Making your claim using an injury lawyer in Sutherland
After an accident, there is more to think about than just your injuries. Will you be able to return to work, for instance? How will you pay the household bills or run the car? When you have been the faultless victim of an accident, these should not be worries with which you have to contend, and that is why you should be compensated.
Accident Advice Helpline have been dealing with personal injury claims since 2000, and have helped many thousands of victims get the compensation they deserved.
Our freephone number is 0800 1980 4123, where you will find advisors who are friendly and professional. hey will give you free advice and help you all they can. Or, you could try the 30-second test online for some guidance.
We operate a no win no fee agreement, so no money will have to be found to finance your claim.
Date Published: 10th March 2014
Author: David Brown