Find a specialist injury claim lawyer in Strathcarron if you are injured in your home
Accident Advice Helpline can provide you with the services of an injury lawyer in Strathcarron if you need to raise a personal injury claim for injuries they sustain in your home. There is only one thing we need to make clear, however, and that is that the fault or blame for the accident or incident that causes the injury must be down to a third party, for it is that party (or their insurers) from whom we will be pursuing payment.
If the injury is your fault
The vast majority of injuries that happen in the home are regrettably the fault of the injury victim. Things like slips, trips and falls, or falling off a ladder, are more often than not down to the victim’s carelessness or negligence. In these instances, it will not be possible to seek compensation.
Launching a claim via an injury lawyer in Strathcarron at Accident Advice Helpline
If an injury happens because of a malfunctioning or faulty product, or as a result of a contractor’s shoddy workmanship, the injured person would be able to pursue those responsible, and with the help of an injury lawyer in Strathcarron from Accident Advice Helpline, a personal injury claim could be launched.
The types of incidents in the home for which people can raise claims include things like:
- Slips, trips and falls caused by trip hazards left by a contractor;
- Being struck by a loose roof tile after a new roof has been fitted;
- Carbon monoxide poisoning if a gas appliance is badly fitted;
- Injury from a gas leak and/or explosion;
- Tripping over a raised paving slab on newly laid path; and
- A scald injury if a new pan or kettle malfunctions.
These are just a few examples to illustrate where the blame is attributable to a third party; there are of course many more. If you live in rented accommodation and it is the landlord’s responsibility to maintain the property, any injury sustained through faulty maintenance or upkeep may constitute grounds for claiming compensation, such as:
- A fire started because of faulty wiring;
- Carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty gas appliance;
- Defects in the floor that cause a trip and fall;
- Defects in the stairs that cause a trip or fall; and
- Disease or illness attributable to the condition of the premises.
If your landlord is culpable in any way with regard to an injury you sustain, you’re entitled to claim compensation.
Accident Advice Helpline’s no win no fee* services
Our no win no fee* services (as recommended by Esther Rantzen) include taking the 30-second test on our compensation calculator to verify your claim in principle and estimate your claim’s value. You’ll find the calculator on our website’s homepage. We also have a free helpline which can be accessed by calling 0800 689 0500 from your landline, or from you mobile by calling 0333 500 0993. Your call will be treated in confidence.