Lawyer in Stourbridge for slips trips and falls
It really does not matter where you live in the country, at some time you could be injured in an accident that was not your fault but the fault of someone else. Nearly 60,000 accidents happen every single week, the most common of which are slips, trips and falls.
Most of the time, when people fall over or trip up, they get up, dust themselves off and walk away embarrassed hoping no one noticed. They may have a few scrapes and bruises, but other than their pride, nothing much else is injured seriously.
But what if:
- Your fall was from height over railings that were unsafe
- Your slip was on an unsigned floor that had just been washed
- You trip over a trailing wire in the office and bang your head on the corner of a desk as you fall
These might be just what ifs, but these and many more what ifs happen every single day and victims, by no fault of their own, receive serious injuries. If you were the completely faultless victim of an accident some time in the last three years, a lawyer in Stourbridge would be interested in talking about starting the process for claiming compensation for your suffering.
The amount you may receive
The amount of compensation you could be getting depends on a lot of different factors, and there are a lot of different things to take into account, such as:
- The severity of your injury and the prospects of recovery
- The traumas the accident caused
- Loss of earnings, for the future as well if you are not going to be able to return to work
- Extra medical costs such as prescription charges and private treatment
- Travel costs to and from medical appointments
- Cost of care if your are no longer able to look after yourself
- Childcare if you need help with your children
- Any other cost or loss which was a direct result of the accident
All the extra costs and losses that you have had to deal with since the accident can be refunded to you providing you have proof of payment and reduction in income.
Settlement of your claim
Most of the time with personal injury claims, it is an insurance company that will settle the compensation, not the guilty party. Most different types of insurance have third party cover included, even household policies do these days in case someone is injured inside your home. You can insure most things, if you are prepared to pay extra for it. The main insurances involved in personal injury claims are:
- Motor Insurance
- Employers liability insurance
- Public liability insurance
- Product liability insurance
- Professional indemnity insurance
Making your claim with Accident Advice Helpline’s lawyer in Stourbridge
Contact Accident Advice Helpline today on our freephone helpline, 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 for a mobile.