Lawyer in Smethwick


Children are vulnerable members of society, and deserve protection from all forms of harm. When an adult fails to provide a child with adequate protection, and the child suffers injury as a consequence, the results can be extremely traumatic.

If your child has been injured in an accident caused by another individual’s negligence, you should call Accident Advice Helpline and seek clear advice on your legal rights. As a parent, you may be able to assume the role of “litigation friend”, which means that you will be able to instruct an accident lawyer in Smethwick to launch a compensation claim on behalf of your child.

When can I launch a compensation claim?

Time limits apply to all child accident claims. However, they are more flexible than those for adult claims. You should be able to claim compensation at any time up until your child’s 18th birthday. However, once your child celebrates his or her 18th birthday, he or she will have just three years in which to make an accident claim.

How much compensation will my child receive?

In most cases, your child’s case will be explored and an appropriate compensation settlement will be reached. The size of your child’s settlement will be dependent on a range of complex factors, including the extent of his or her personal injuries and the amount of care he or she will require.

In most cases, your accident lawyer in Smethwick will ensure that the judge arranges for you to receive an interim compensation payment for your child, which will ensure that you can provide your child with all the necessary treatment he or she requires.

Who will look after my child’s compensation settlement?

In certain cases, especially where your child’s receives a large compensation settlement, the damages will be put into trust fund for your child. Your accident lawyer in Smethwick will be able to help you to set up such a trust, enabling you to put the money aside to safeguard your child’s financial future.

How do I contact an accident lawyer in Smethwick?

To learn more about the process of making a claim through an accident lawyer in Smethwick, please call our freephone helpline. Alternatively, fill out our 30 second test and one of our trained claims advisors will get in touch with you.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )