How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Lawyer in Shorwell

    According to statistics, slips, trips and falls are the most common cause of injuries at work, accounting for over one-third of all major work-related injuries. However, slip, trip and fall accidents also prominently occur in premises open to the public, including supermarkets, restaurants and high street shops.

    It is often the case that there is nobody to blame for an accident of this nature, but if you have been unlucky enough to suffer a slip, trip and fall as a result of another person’s carelessness then you may be able to make a claim for your pain, suffering and financial losses.

    Claiming against your employer

    Your employer has a legal duty to protect you from accidents while you are at work. If they fail in this duty, then you will be free to make a claim against your employer. If you visit Accident Advice Helpline’s website, you can take our 30-second test to see if you are eligible to make a claim.

    Claiming against your local authority

    Your local authority is obliged to visually inspect roads and pavements at reasonable intervals, and repair any hazardous areas in a timely manner. If it fails to do so, and you are involved in an accident, then you will be able to claim against the authority. Accident Advice Helpline operate a freephone helpline available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

    Claiming against a shop or supermarket

    Shops, supermarkets and other premises open to the public have a legal duty to keep you safe from harm. If you are involved in an accident caused by a hazard such as a wet floor, then you will be able to claim against the owner or occupier of the premises.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Gathering evidence in support of your claim

    If you wish to make a claim for a slip, trip or fall in Shorwell, you must obtain evidence in support of your case. Firstly, you should keep an official record of the accident, either by noting down the details in an accident book or by sending a formal letter to a relevant official. Secondly, you should take down the details of any witnesses to your accident so that a lawyer in Shorwell can call upon them to confirm the circumstances leading up to your accident. Finally, if possible you should also take photographs of the cause of your accident. By gathering evidence, you will help an accident lawyer in Shorwell to secure a fair compensation settlement on your behalf.

    Contacting an accident lawyer in Shorwell

    If you require help with your claim, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline now for immediate legal advice. Once we have determined that you have a case for compensation, we can put you in touch with an accident lawyer in Shorwell. Just dial 0800 689 0500 now to discuss your claim with an adviser.

    Date Published: 5th April 2014

    Author: David Brown

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.