Driving in Gloucestershire is safer than it has ever been before, thanks to a combination of vehicle safety features, such as air bags and crumple zones, and driver education. Despite this, you can never truly prepare yourself for the recklessness of other drivers or the dangers posed by hazardous road surfaces.
If you have been injured in a road traffic accident that was not your fault, you have a right to call Accident Advice Helpline and instruct an accident lawyer in Severn Beach to claim personal injury compensation on your behalf. In the immediate aftermath of an accident you are bound to feel extremely shocked and distressed. However, it is vital to start collecting evidence in support of your claim as quickly and as efficiently as possible.
What evidence will I need to provide?
As with any accident claim, you will need to work with an accident lawyer in Severn Beach to conclusively prove that you have suffered a personal injury as a result of someone else’s negligence. The evidence you may need to provide may include the following:
- Eyewitness accounts – You should take the name and contact details of any witnesses immediately following your accident since confirmation of your version of events, particularly from independent eyewitnesses, will greatly improve your chances of success.
- CCTV footage – You should seek to obtain any CCTV footage featuring your accident from the owner of the camera. To acquire such footage, you should write to the CCTV camera’s owner or operator, providing as many details as possible.
- Photographs – You should take photographs of the accident scene, including the position of the vehicles involved and the damage sustained to the vehicles.
- Medical records – You should keep records of any treatments you receive and any medications prescribed. These records will play a vital role in demonstrating the nature and severity of your injuries.
- Receipts – You must retain receipts for any expenses that have arisen as a result of your injuries, including any wage slips that prove you have lost earnings during your recovery period.
Can I hire an accident lawyer in Severn Beach on a 100% no win no fee* basis?
At Accident Advice Helpline we can instruct a specialist personal injury lawyer in Severn Beach to take your case on on a 100% no win no fee* basis, enabling you to secure compensation without putting your personal finances at risk. To discuss your claim with an expert adviser dial 0800 689 0500 now. Alternatively, you can take our 30-second test online to see if you are eligible to make a claim.