Motorways have a better safety record than any other part of the UK’s national road system, but every year accidents on the motorways lead to serious injuries and fatalities.
Avoiding accidents on the roads
By sticking to a few simple rules, you can ensure that you do not contribute to dangerous behaviour on the motorways:
- Ensure that your car is roadworthy
- Observe the speed limit
- Use your mirrors frequently
- Avoid distractions
- Take care when approaching intersections
- Obey motorway signals
- Anticipate the unexpected actions of other motorists
- Keep your distance, leaving a reasonable gap between your vehicle and the one in front
- Increase your distance in wet weather and when your visibility is poor, leaving a larger gap between your vehicle and the one in front
- Use dipped headlights when visibility is poor
- Observe lane discipline, using the left hand lane wherever possible
- Indicate when changing lanes
- Take care when joining the motorway
- Take regular breaks at service stations
Suffered an accident on the motorway? Seek advice from an accident lawyer in Sevenoaks
If you are involved in a motorway accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to 100% no win no fee* legal representation to pursue a personal injury claim. When you hire an accident lawyer in Sevenoaks on a 100% no win no fee* basis, you will be able to hire expert assistance without putting yourself at risk of incurring unrecoverable financial liabilities.
Due to the nature of 100% no win no fee* claims, an accident lawyer in Sevenoaks will only take on your case on if he or she believes that you have a reasonable chance of receiving compensation. To determine whether you have a valid case for compensation, you will need to contact Accident Advice Helpline and let one of our trained claims advisers assess the circumstances surrounding your accident. If we believe that your accident was caused by someone else’s carelessness, we will instruct an experienced accident lawyer in Sevenoaks to guide you through the claims process and provide you with extensive legal advice.
To get in touch with us, please call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 or use our 30-second test online via the website.Open Claim Calculator