Cycling is a common means of transport in Romney Marsh. Unfortunately, cyclists are a vulnerable category of road user. Every year, countless cyclists are involved in collisions on the roads, with the vast majority of these accidents resulting from the negligence of other road users.
Safety tips for cyclists
As a cyclist, you can reduce your risk of injury by keeping the following safety tips at the forefront of your mind:
- Ride a door’s width away from parked cars
- On narrow roads, ride in the centre of the road to prevent dangerous overtaking by motorists
- Do not cycle in the dark without adequate lighting
- Wear an approved cycling helmet and luminous clothing
- Look over your shoulder and indicate before moving off, making a turn or changing lanes
- Do not run traffic lights or weave in and out of the traffic
- Respect your fellow road users
- Watch your speed, especially when you are going downhill
- Steer clear of left-turning trucks – recognise that lorry drivers may not be able to see you
Most accidents involving cyclists involve minor cuts and bruises. However, if you suffer a serious personal injury following a road traffic accident caused by someone else’s carelessness, you may be entitled to claim compensation.
If you require advice on your claim prospects, the trained advisors here at Accident Advice Helpline will be happy to help you. When you phone our freephone helpline, they will assess your claim and if they feel you have a viable case, they will put you in touch with a specialist cycling accident lawyer in Romney Marsh.
Making a claim through an accident lawyer in Romney Marsh
To make a successful claim, you will need to work with your accident lawyer in Romney Marsh to show that:
- You have sustained personal injuries and/or suffered financial losses
- Your injuries and/or losses resulted from the carelessness of another road user
If you are able to provide sufficient evidence to prove that someone else’s careless actions caused your accident, you will receive compensation from the guilty individual’s insurance company. While cycling accidents can be subject to liability disputes, your accident lawyer in Romney Marsh will do everything within his/her power to secure you the best possible compensation settlement.
If you are considering making a claim, please make an enquiry today and we will provide you with the guidance you need to progress with your claim. The number to call is 0800 689 0500.