As a motorist, you should always be conscious of cyclists, providing them with sufficient space because of their vulnerability. If you drive a particularly large vehicle, you should always keep an eye out for cyclists and take extra care whenever you encounter them.
Advice for when you are driving
- Look out for cyclists, especially when you are turning. If possible, you should make eye contact with cyclists so that they know you have seen them.
- Use your indicators to alert cyclists to your intentions. In doing so, you will grant cyclists the time they need to react.
- Provide cyclists with at least half a car’s width of space. Remember that cyclists may need to manoeuvre suddenly to avoid hazards.
- Always check for the presence of cyclists before you open your car doors.
- Avoid driving over advanced stop lines at traffic lights. These lines allow cyclists to increase their visibility.
- Follow the Highway Code at all times, ensuring that you pay attention to ‘give way’ signs and traffic lights.
Advice for dealing with road traffic accidents involving cyclists
Road traffic accidents involving cyclists can happen anywhere, at any time. If you are unfortunate enough to suffer injuries in an accident involving a cyclist, you may be eligible to make a personal injury claim against the negligent cyclist. Cyclists are subject to the laws of road, and if you can work with an accident lawyer in Rock to prove that a cyclist failed to abide by these rules, you may be able to receive compensation.
Fighting for your right to compensation
At Accident Advice Helpline, our experienced personal injury lawyers have helped thousands of people to recover compensation for the damages they have suffered in accidents in Rock. If you are looking to make a claim, please get in touch with our trained claims advisors and let us assess your claim. After your initial claims assessment, we will be able to tell you whether you have a viable claim for compensation. If you decide to go ahead with your claim, we will match you up with an accident lawyer in Rock, from our in-house team, on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis, which means that you will not have to undertake any financial risks when making the most of our legal expertise.
Hiring an accident lawyer in Rock
To find out more about enlisting the help of an accident lawyer in Rock, please call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 (mobile) or complete our 30-second test to find out if you could be entitled to compensation today.
Date Published: 2nd March 2014
Author: Jan Newell