Cycling is becoming increasingly popular in Britain for both commuting and leisure purposes, yet many drivers continue to remain unaware of the rights of cyclists. While cyclists have the same rights as drivers, they are more vulnerable due to their lack of protection. Drivers should therefore take great care around cyclists, ensuring that they always follow the rules of the road.
Tips for avoiding cycling accidents in Rishton
To keep the roads safe, drivers should follow these simple tips:
- Slow down and give cyclists sufficient space – drivers should hold back rather than risk wrongly assuming the intentions of cyclists
- Respect bicycle lanes – drivers should not park or drive in cycle lanes
- Expect cyclists in unexpected places – drivers should check their mirrors and blind spots with the greatest of care
- Check for cyclists before they open doors – drivers should always take care not to hit any passing cyclists
- Drive carefully around cyclists – drivers should not act aggressively or sound their horn
- Take care when judging the speed of cyclists, especially before pulling out at a junction
- Take special care when navigating roundabouts – drivers must give way to any cyclists approaching from the right
- Refrain from driving into the advanced stop area for cyclists
- Match their speed to the road and weather conditions
- Allow cyclists extra room in adverse weather conditions
Securing compensation following an accident in Rishton
If you are involved in road traffic accident – either as a driver or a cyclist – you should contact Accident Advice Helpline as soon as you are able to do so. Our trained claims advisors can link you to a suitable accident lawyer in Rishton, enabling you to claim the compensation you deserve. Whether you require money to meet the cost of unexpected medical treatments or to make up for your lost earnings, your accident lawyer in Rishton will guide you through the claims process, ensuring that you secure a fair compensation settlement from the guilty party.
Contacting an accident lawyer in Rishton
To receive advice you on your right to pursue a 100% no win, no fee* compensation claim, please call our freephone helpline and let our trained personal injury team assess your case.