Extreme weather conditions are an all too frequent occurrence in the UK. Blizzards and torrential rain can strike with little notice, reducing your visibility on the roads. If you’ve had an accident on the roads that was not your fault, you should seek advice from a lawyer in Ripley.
Tips for driving in adverse weather conditions
Whatever the weather, you should get into the habit of checking your car and its contents before you set off on your travels. To enhance your road safety and prepare yourself for all eventualities, you should check that:
- Your lights and windscreen wipers function efficiently;
- Your battery is fully charged;
- Your tyre pressure is adequate for your vehicle;
- Your tyre tread is above 1.6 mm — the minimum depth required by law;
- Your number plate is clean and clearly visible;
- Your mirrors are clean and in the correct position;
- Your spare wheel is in good condition and you have all the equipment you require to replace the wheel if necessary;
- You have sufficient fuel for the journey ahead; and
- Your water and oil levels are adequate.
It is also wise to carry the following items in your car:
- A fully charged mobile phone;
- A torch;
- Food and drink;
- A fully stocked first aid kit;
- Warm clothes;
- A blanket; and
- Jump leads.
You should also keep your driving licence, car insurance policy, breakdown cover documents and emergency contact details in the glovebox of your car.
Dealing with an accident on the roads
If you are involved in an accident on the roads, you should contact Accident Advice Helpline as soon as you return home. Our friendly advisors will be able to assess your case and determine whether you are eligible to make a compensation claim through an accident lawyer in Ripley.
Enlisting the help of an accident lawyer in Ripley
If you are entitled to compensation, we will put you in contact with a 100% no win no fee accident lawyer in Ripley straight away. Whether you have suffered minor or severe injuries, you will be able to rest safe in the knowledge that your case is in the hands of an experienced road traffic accident specialist.
To get in touch with us, please call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500, or fill in our 30-second test.