If you ride a motorcycle in Ridgeway, you must be able to deal with the unexpected. Whether you use your bike for commuting or leisure riding, you should take steps to stay safe while you are using the roads. If you do get into an accident despite your best efforts, but it was not your fault, then you should seek the advice of a lawyer in Ridgeway.
Staying safe while using your motorcycle
To keep yourself out of harm’s way, you must ride defensively. You will meet careless drivers on the road and you must ensure that you are not vulnerable to their mistakes. To stay in control, you should always take the time to:
- Anticipate the actions of your fellow road users;
- Stay alert and observant, particularly when negotiating roundabouts or junctions;
- Ride at a speed that will enable you to respond to unexpected events;
- Choose your lane position with care. If you need to turn left or right, claim your road position in good time;
- Overtake safely; and
- Take a quick glance over your shoulder before you perform any manoeuvres.
Before you get on your motorbike, you should equip yourself with all the right gear. You will require:
- An approved safety helmet;
- Good clothing — it should be fluorescent in daylight and reflective at night; and
- A suitable visor — it should have an anti-fog coating and offer a high level of UV protection.
If you ride your motorbike for work, you should read through your industry’s code Of practice. The Pizza and Pasta Association and the Despatch Association’s Courier Code, for example, both have their own guidelines for professional riders. You should also talk to your employer about receiving advanced motorcycle training.
Steps to take following a motorcycle accident in Ridgeway
If despite your best efforts you are involved in a motorcycle accident, call Accident Advice Helpline as soon as you feel well enough to do so. Our knowledgeable claims advisors will assess your situation and determine whether you are entitled to file a personal injury claim.
Hiring an accident lawyer in Ridgeway
If you are eligible to receive compensation, we will offer you the chance to hire an accident lawyer in Ridgeway on a 100% no win no fee basis. As soon as you instruct us to take on your claim, an accident lawyer in Ridgeway will work quickly to gather the evidence, establish the name of the person at fault and obtain an admission of liability. They will also gather the evidence required to assess the value of your claim, ensuring that you receive a fair compensation settlement.
If you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault and you can want to discuss the possibility of making a claim with an adviser then call Accident Advice Helpline now. Just dial 0800 689 0500 right now.
Date Published: 28th February 2014
Author: Jan Newell