How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Lawyer in Renishaw

    Wherever you work in Derbyshire, your employer has a duty to protect you from harm and inform you about any health and safety issues that may affect you in the workplace. They also have a legal responsibility to report certain accidents and incidents to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), and to provide you with adequate time off work if you suffer an injury in an accident at work. If you have suffered an injury at work, you may want to seek a lawyer in Renishaw to see if you’re entitled to claim personal injury compensation.

    Recording accidents in your employer’s accident book

    All injuries — including minor injuries such as cuts and bruises — should be recorded in your employer’s accident book. While this book is mainly for your employer’s benefit, it will provide a useful record of the details of your accident should you feel the need to claim personal injury compensation at a later date.

    Informing the Health and Safety Executive of serious accidents at work

    Your employer must report all serious accidents, diseases and dangerous incidents to the HSE, including:

    • Deaths;
    • Major injuries such as broken legs or arms;
    • Dangerous incidents such as explosions;
    • Diseases such as occupational asthma; and
    • Any other injuries that prevent an employee from performing their normal work activities for more than three days.

    If you have been involved in a serious accident, then, you should therefore ensure that your employer has informed the HSE in a timely manner.

    Making an injury claim through an accident lawyer in Renishaw

    If you have been injured in an accident at work, and you believe your employer may have been at fault for it, then you may wish to make a claim for personal injury compensation. By law, your employer must have employers’ liability insurance to cover the cost of your claim. You should be able to find a certificate detailing the name of your employer’s insurance company in a prominent place within your workplace. If you cannot find such a certificate, your employer must provide you with these details. Your accident lawyer in Renishaw will need to contact both your employer and their insurance company to inform them of your intention to pursue compensation.

    Open Claim Calculator

    To make a successful claim, you must start your claim within three years of the date of your accident. You should hire an accident lawyer in Renishaw to make the claims process as smooth and stress-free as possible. At Accident Advice Helpline, our lawyers will take your case on a 100% no win no fee basis, which means that you will be able to make a risk-free claim against your employer.

    If you’ve been injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault and you can want to discuss the possibility of making a claim with an adviser then call Accident Advice Helpline now. Just dial 0800 689 0500 right now.

    Date Published: 28th February 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.