Accidents in supermarkets and shops are all too common. The majority of these accidents result in nasty falls, which typically follow unexpected slips on wet floors.
What steps should I take following an accident in a supermarket or shop?
If you suffer an accident in a supermarket or shop in Pwllgloyw, you must:
- Ask to see the shop’s first-aider. If you have suffered a serious accident, you may need to receive emergency medical assistance.
- Obtain the contact details of any witnesses to your accident. At the very least, you should acquire a name and telephone number.
- Make a note of the name and job title of the member of staff who provided you with assistance in the aftermath of your accident.
- Take photographs of the cause of your accident.
- Ask to make a record of your accident in the shop’s formal accident book.
- Determine whether your accident may have been captured on CCTV. If you cannot obtain a copy of the CCTV footage at the time of your accident, you may wish to instruct an accident lawyer to do so on your behalf.
Looking for an accident lawyer in Pwllgloyw?
All supermarkets and shops have a duty of care to keep you safe from harm while you are visiting their premises. If you suffer a slip, trip and fall as a result of the management team’s failure to fulfil their duty of care, you may wish to contact Accident Advice Helpline to find out more about the process of filing a claim.
If you choose to get in touch with us, you will be joining the thousands of people who make slip, trip and fall claims through our lawyers each year.
Our trained claims advisers will gladly discuss your slip, trip, or fall, and determine whether you have a viable claim for compensation. If you do have a strong claim, they will provide you with sound advice on pursuing compensation for the injuries and financial losses you have sustained.
While you may consider slips, trips and falls to be trivial, you should not underestimate the impact the resulting injuries can have on your life. Whether you have suffered a minor or severe slip, trip and fall injury, please get in touch with us and let an accident lawyer help you with your claim.
We do not have a personal injury lawyer in Pwllgloyw working directly for us but this doesn’t matter, we can still help you claim as we are a national injury law firm that covers all areas of the UK. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in Pwllgloyw or anyway make us your first point of call.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile if you need a lawyer in Pwllgloyw.
Date Published: 9th February 2014
Author: Jan Newell