Playing any kind of sport comes with an inherent risk of suffering a personal injury. If you trip and fall for no apparent reason and suffer an injury, you will not be entitled to make a personal injury claim. However, if you suffer an injury through no fault of your own, you could have a viable claim for compensation.
Some potential causes of injuries that could entitle you to make a valid sports injury claim include:
- Defective, substandard or faulty sports equipment
- Defective or dangerous playing surfaces
- Reckless or violent behaviour from other participants
- Inadequate instruction or supervision
To make a successful claim, you will need to prove that someone else was responsible for your injuries
If you suffer a sports injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, and you wish to make a claim against them, you must work with an accident lawyer in Pulborough to prove that the accident occurred through no fault of your own.
To support your claim, you should aim to:
- Report your accident to an official
- Make a note of your accident in the sports facility’s accident book
- Take photographs of the area where your accident took place
- Take down the contact details of any witnesses to your accident
- Visit a doctor to receive treatment for your injuries and keep a record of your diagnosis
- Maintain a daily log of all your physical and psychological symptoms, including dates and times
- Keep a receipt of all the expenses resulting from your injuries, including travel expenses and prescription charges
- Retain any documentation relating to your accident, including any correspondence with the sports facility
When it comes to making a sports injury claim, you must hire the help of an accident lawyer in Pulborough
If you feel that another person’s negligence resulted in your sports accident, please feel free to contact the legal team here at Accident Advice Helpline to receive advice on your legal rights. Our trained claims advisors can take down the details of your case and put you in touch with an accident lawyer in Pulborough. He or she will assist you in understanding the claims process and gathering the evidence you need to support your claim.
As all our lawyers work on a 100% no win, no fee basis, you have everything to gain when you hire the services of our proficient legal team. Besides, your action could help to prevent other sports enthusiasts from sustaining similar injuries in the near future.
Date Published: 14th February 2014
Author: Jan Newell