Workplace injuries are a huge problem across the UK, affecting over 600,000 people every year. If you have been unfortunate enough to suffer an injury in an accident at work that occurred through no fault of your own, you should seriously consider making a claim against your employer.
Before you start your claim through an accident lawyer in Prestwich, you must take steps to strengthen your case for compensation:
- Report your accident to your supervisor or line manager.
- See your company’s designated first aider. If you have sustained an injury, you should report your accident to them and ensure that it is logged in your employer’s accident book. Once you are satisfied with the description of your accident, you should sign and date the accident book entry.
- Seek necessary medical attention. If you visit your GP’s surgery or local A&E department, you should explain your symptoms and ensure that the doctor makes a note of your accident in your medical notes.
- If necessary, ensure your employer reports your accident to the Health and Safety Executive. They can do this online, over the telephone or in writing.
- Check your contract to determine whether your employer will pay you sick pay during your recovery period.
- If you are concerned that one of your colleagues may suffer injuries in a similar accident in the near future, inform your employer to ensure that they are aware of the potential hazards in their workplace.
- Keep hold of any documentation, such as correspondence with your employer, as it could be beneficial should you decide to pursue your compensation claim.
Start your workplace accident claim through an accident lawyer in Prestwich
If you wish to make a claim against your employer, please get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline today and speak to one of our helpful claims advisors. We can talk you through the claims process, and if you decide to proceed with your claim, we will ensure that an accident lawyer in Prestwich guides you through each stage of the claims process. We aim to make the process of claiming compensation as simple and as stress-free as possible, and we will only resolve your claim when we are satisfied that we have secured the maximum possible compensation settlement for the injuries you have encountered.
To start your claim for compensation, please call our freephone helpline and get in touch with our team of professional claims advisors today.