How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Lawyer in Portobello Birtley

    Slips, trips and falls are often seen as a joke, but they are no laughing matter. If you have been injured as a result of a slip, trip or fall in your local supermarket, restaurant, school or street, you may be able to pursue a claim for compensation.

    Common types of slip, trip and fall claims

    You may be able to receive compensation for the following slip and trip claims:

    • Slips, trips and falls on roads and pavements – if you have slipped, tripped or fallen on a dangerous surface, you may have a claim against the highway authority. You can claim for accidents caused by potholes, uneven flagstones, rocking paving slabs and dips in tarmac.
    • Slips, trips and falls on public or private property – if you have slipped, tripped or fallen on public or private property, you may have a claim against the occupier of the building.
    • Slips, trips and falls at work – if you have slipped, tripped or fallen in your place of work, your employer may have to compensate you, even if you sustained an injury as a result of the negligence of one of your colleagues.

    If you wish to make a claim, the personal injury lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline will be able to help you to secure a fair compensation settlement for the injuries you have received. Whether you have tripped in the street or on private property, one of our accident lawyers will be able to provide you with 100% ‘no win, no fee’ representation.

    Slip, trip and fall claim tips and tricks

    Before you consult with an accident lawyer you must take steps to prepare your personal injury case. You should:

    • Take photographs of the cause of your accident
      If you tripped over a pot hole in the road or an uneven tile on a shop floor, you should take photographs to show the height and depth of the defect.
    • Seek medical treatment for your injuries
      If you have sustained any injuries, you should visit a doctor as soon as possible. In doing so, you will be able to call upon your medical record as evidence of your slip, trip or fall.
    • Report your accident
      Following taking photographs of the defect, you should report your accident to the occupier of the building or the owner of the land.

    Contacting an accident lawyer in Portobello Birtley

    We do not have a personal injury lawyer in Portobello Birtley working directly for us but this doesn’t matter, we can still help you claim as we are a national injury law firm that covers all areas of the UK. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in Portbello Birtley or anyway make us your first point of call.

    Open Claim Calculator

    To let an experienced personal injury lawyer investigate your accident claim, please call our Freephone helpline now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.

    Date Published: 8th February 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.