Slips, trips and falls are often seen as a joke, but they are no laughing matter. If you have been injured as a result of a slip, trip or fall in your local supermarket, restaurant, school or street, you may be able to pursue a claim for compensation.
Common types of slip, trip and fall claims
You may be able to receive compensation for the following slip and trip claims:
- Slips, trips and falls on roads and pavements – if you have slipped, tripped or fallen on a dangerous surface, you may have a claim against the highway authority. You can claim for accidents caused by potholes, uneven flagstones, rocking paving slabs and dips in tarmac.
- Slips, trips and falls on public or private property – if you have slipped, tripped or fallen on public or private property, you may have a claim against the occupier of the building.
- Slips, trips and falls at work – if you have slipped, tripped or fallen in your place of work, your employer may have to compensate you, even if you sustained an injury as a result of the negligence of one of your colleagues.
If you wish to make a claim, the personal injury lawyers at Accident Advice Helpline will be able to help you to secure a fair compensation settlement for the injuries you have received. Whether you have tripped in the street or on private property, one of our accident lawyers will be able to provide you with 100% ‘no win, no fee’ representation.
Slip, trip and fall claim tips and tricks
Before you consult with an accident lawyer you must take steps to prepare your personal injury case. You should:
- Take photographs of the cause of your accident
If you tripped over a pot hole in the road or an uneven tile on a shop floor, you should take photographs to show the height and depth of the defect.
- Seek medical treatment for your injuries
If you have sustained any injuries, you should visit a doctor as soon as possible. In doing so, you will be able to call upon your medical record as evidence of your slip, trip or fall.
- Report your accident
Following taking photographs of the defect, you should report your accident to the occupier of the building or the owner of the land.
Contacting an accident lawyer in Portobello Birtley
We do not have a personal injury lawyer in Portobello Birtley working directly for us but this doesn’t matter, we can still help you claim as we are a national injury law firm that covers all areas of the UK. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in Portbello Birtley or anyway make us your first point of call.
To let an experienced personal injury lawyer investigate your accident claim, please call our Freephone helpline now on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone.