Top tips for claiming compensation for a personal injury
If you have had an injury that continues to affect your life you may have considered claiming compensation through a lawyer in Port Talbot. Before you start the compensation process there are a few tips you can use to make sure you’re in the best hands:
Is my accident covered?
- Check when your injury took place – You can only claim for accidents in the last three years. An extension to this period may apply if you contracted an industrial disease, or the victim was a minor.
- Find out what accidents can be covered by compensation – If you had a car accident or accident at work you should be eligible for a claim. Slips trip and falls, as well as medical negligence claims, are also covered by compensation. Specialist law firms, such as Accident Advice Helpline, can advise which accidents and injuries may be covered.Accident Advice Helpline offer a no-obligation, 24/7 advice line to assist you with your claim.
How do I find the best lawyer in Port Talbot?
- Find a lawyer in Port Talbot – It is always a good idea to shop around and find the best lawyer for your case. Choosing a national firm can provide you with access to specialised compensation knowledge. Accident Advice Helpline is a nationwide service, offering lawyers in Port Talbot.
- Research how much compensation you may be eligible for – Most law firms should be able to provide a rough estimate of the possible claim amount. We offer a 30-second test on our website to help you find out if you are eligible and provide an idea of how much compensation you may be entitled to.
- Ask when your lawyer will expect payment – Paying upfront can be a large expense and if you don’t win your case it can be a lot of money to lose. At Accident Advice Helpline, lawyers in Port Talbot work on a 100% no win no fee basis, to save you upfront payment.
- Find out if you will need to attend court – Being asked to attend court can be an added stress to your case. Accident Advice Helpline try to deal with the full case over the phone and in most cases clients do not attend court.
Call AAH today and get your claim started!
Date Published: 14th February 2014
Author: Jan Newell