How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Lawyer in Polruan

    Your employer has a legal and moral obligation to provide you with a safe working environment. If your job has caused you to suffer an injury or illness, you may be able to hold your employer responsible for your ill health.

    Want to claim against your employer? You will need to strong body of evidence

    If you are looking to file a claim against your employer, you will need to prove that your employer’s negligence caused you to suffer an injury or illness. Using the law to prove negligence is a difficult task, and if you lack legal training, you should ideally seek the advice of a personal injury lawyer in Polruan before you commence your claim.

    To help your accident lawyer in Polruan to build a strong case for compensation, you will need to record as much information as you can about the cause of your injury or illness. Your employer should have an accident book, and you should use it to make a formal record of your accident. In your entry, you should detail the circumstances of your accident and the types of injuries or illnesses you have sustained. You should also obtain photographic evidence of the cause of your injury or illness.

    If you make a successful accident claim, you will receive compensation from your employer. Your compensation settlement will comprise two main awards:

    • General damages
      Your general damages settlement will not only reflect the severity of the pain and suffering you have experienced, but also your inability to carry out household chores and partake in your favourite activities. To claim special damages, you will require medical evidence.
    • Special damages
      Your special damages settlement will compensate you for any financial losses and expenses you have encountered as a result of your injury or illness. To claim special damages, you will require evidence in the form of receipts, invoices and wage slips.

    If your injury or illness has prevented you from continuing in work, or has forced you to move into a different job role, you may also be able to claim compensation for your future losses.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Unsure of your legal rights? Seek advice from an accident lawyer in Polruan

    If you have been involved in an accident at work through no fault of your own, the legal team here at Accident Advice Helpline are here to help.

    Simply call our freephone helpline and let our trained claims advisors assess the validity of your claim.

    For expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500 from a landline or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.

    Date Published: 11th June 2017

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.