How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Lawyer in Pen-y-cae

    According to recent estimates, there are over one million uninsured drivers on the roads in the UK. With so many people driving without insurance, your chance of being involved in an accident with an uninsured driver is as high as one in ten.

    Contrary to popular belief, it is still possible to claim compensation following an accident with an uninsured driver. To receive compensation, you will need to get in touch with the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB), a corporate body that was set up to deal with claims against untraced and uninsured drivers.

    Making an uninsured driver accident claim through an accident lawyer

    Before making a claim through the MIB, you should follow these simple steps:

    • Determine whether the driver was uninsured by making enquiries with the motorist themselves or with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA).
    • Make a formal complaint through the police. If a motorist has refused to provide you with their insurance details, they are committing an offence under the Road Traffic Act.
    • Contact your insurance provider to inform them of your accident.
    • Contact an accident lawyer to receive advice on your legal rights.

    To make a claim, you will need to complete the MIB’s official claim form. On this form, you must outline the circumstances of your accident and provide details of your injuries and financial losses.

    Once you have completed and submitted your claim form, the MIB will investigate your allegations. It may contact the police to obtain a copy of the accident report and appoint a claims investigator to assist in taking statements from witnesses.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Following completing its enquiries, the MIB will write to you with a formal decision. If it has decided to award you compensation, you will need to sign and return a form of receipt and discharge. If you do not accept its decision, you will be able to appeal. In this instance, an independent arbitrator will look into your case and make a final and binding decision.

    Looking for an injury lawyer in Pen-y-cae?

    We do not have a personal injury lawyer in Pen-y-cae working directly for us but this doesn’t matter, we can still help you claim as we are a national injury law firm that covers all areas of the UK. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in Pen-y-cae or anyway make us your first point of call.

    To find out more about the process of claiming compensation through the MIB, please call Accident Advice Helpline and speak with our team of trained claims advisors.

    If we believe you have a valid claim, we will pass your case onto one of our accident lawyers who will take care of the finer details of your MIB claim.

    So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile. We’re here for you when you need a lawyer in Pen-y-cae.

    Date Published: 8th February 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.