How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Lawyer in Pannal

    Personal Injury Solicitors in Pannal

    All employers have a duty of care towards their employees and must follow specific health and safety guidelines to stay within the law. Whether you work in a school, garden centre or car showroom, you should familiarise yourself with the applicable laws, ensuring that you make yourself aware of your rights as an employee, if necessary by contacting a lawyer in Pannal.

    Your legal rights

    As an employee, you have a legal right to work in an environment where the risks to your health and safety are properly controlled. In order to fulfil their legal obligations, your employer must carry out regular risk assessments and implement appropriate health and safety measures in response to any hazards they have identified. If you notice any health and safety issues, you have a right to raise your concerns with your employer. In doing so, you will help your employer to maintain health and safety standards within your workplace.

    Steps to take following an accident at work

    If your employer fails to protect you from an accident at work and you suffer a personal injury as a result of their negligence, you must:

    • Record your accident in your employer’s accident book;
    • Check your contract for information about sick pay; and
    • Point out the health and safety problems that led to your accident.

    If you remain concerned about health and safety issues in your workplace, you should contact the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), who are the lead body responsible for the promotion and enforcement of health and safety measures at work.

    Making an injury claim through an accident lawyer in Pannal

    If you have been injured in an accident at work and believe your employer may have been at fault, you may wish to make a claim for compensation. You must make your claim within three years of the date of your accident, and you will normally require the help of an accident lawyer in Pannal.

    Open Claim Calculator

    If you are considering filing a claim against your employer, you will need to remember that the aim of compensation is to put you in the position you would have been in had your accident not happened – it is not about acquiring free money from your employer.

    To contact an accident lawyer in Pannal about the prospect of making a claim for an accident at work, please call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500.

    Date Published: 7th February 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.