If you have sustained an injury in a road traffic accident in Padstow, you may be able to claim compensation. You do not have to have been in a vehicle to be eligible to receive compensation — if you have suffered an injury as a cyclist, pedestrian or motorcyclist, you will be entitled to make a claim, too.
What to do after a road traffic accident in Padstow
The steps you take in the immediate aftermath of your road traffic accident in Padstow could be crucial to the success of your claim. Obviously, if you have sustained serious injuries, you will need to attend accident and emergency straight away. However, for minor accidents these tips will help you to recover the largest possible compensation settlement for the injuries you have sustained:
- Exchange details with the other party: You should collect their name, address, telephone number, vehicle registration number and insurance details.
- Stay calm: Try to avoid confrontation at all costs. At this stage, you should never apportion blame or make an admission of guilt.
- Take photographs: If possible, you should take photographs of the scene of the accident and any vehicles involved. If you do not have a camera to hand, make a note of the vehicle makes and models, registration numbers and any other details that may be relevant to your case.
- Take down the details of any witnesses: You should try to secure the names and contact details of any witnesses to your accident.
- Visit a doctor for a medical examination: Even if you have only sustained minor injuries, you should visit a doctor for a full medical examination. The doctor will then record your injuries in your medical notes.
How to secure compensation with the aid of an accident lawyer in Padstow
To make a successful personal injury claim, you will need to prove that the other party acted carelessly and that your injuries were caused by their negligence. It is vitally important to ensure that you receive proper legal assistance from an accident lawyer in Padstow. In doing so, you will be able to secure a compensation package that covers the following losses and expenses:
- Medical expenses;
- Vehicle repairs;
- Lost earnings;
- Accommodation and travel expenses if your accident happened whilst you were away from home; and
- Home modification expenses.
To contact an accident lawyer in Padstow, call Accident Advice Helpline today on 0800 689 0500.