If you have sustained an injury in a road traffic accident in Padstow, you may be able to claim compensation. You do not have to have been in a vehicle to be eligible to receive compensation, if you have suffered an injury as a cyclist, pedestrian or motorcyclist, you could be entitled to make a claim, too.
What to do after a road traffic accident in Padstow
The steps you take in the immediate aftermath of your road traffic accident in Padstow could be crucial to the success of your claim. Obviously, if you have sustained serious injuries, you will need to get to the nearest hospital as soon as possible.
However, if the accident is more minor, you may be able to begin gathering evidence at the scene. You could take steps to help your claim, such as:
- Exchange details with the other party: You should collect their name, address, telephone number, vehicle registration number and insurance details.
- Stay calm: Try to avoid confrontation at all costs. At this stage, you should never apportion blame or make an admission of guilt.
- Take photographs: If possible, you should take photographs of the scene of the accident and any vehicles involved. If you do not have a camera to hand, make a note of the vehicle makes and models, registration numbers and any other details that may be relevant to your case.
- Take down the details of any witnesses: You should try to secure the names and contact details of any witnesses to your accident.
- Visit a doctor for a medical examination: Even if you have only sustained minor injuries, you should visit a doctor for a full medical examination. The doctor will then record your injuries in your medical notes.
Making a claim with an accident lawyer in Padstow
To make a successful personal injury claim, you will need to prove that the other party caused your injuries. In addition to this, you and your accident lawyer in Padstow will need to prove that you received medical help for your injuries.
However, you should be aware that most claimants are subject to a 3 year deadline when making compensation claims. In order to ensure that you don’t miss out, you may want to contact an accident lawyer in Padstow sooner, rather than later.
Let Accident Advice Helpline help you
To find out more about the assistance an accident lawyer in Padstow can offer, contact us today. Simply call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 if you’re calling from a mobile and we’ll do everything we can to help.
Date Published: 7th February 2014
Author: Jan Newell