If you have suffered a personal injury while at work in Otterburn, you may feel shaken or even embarrassed. However, it is important to proceed calmly so that you can help yourself to claim against your employer at a later date.
Actions to take following your workplace accident in Otterburn
- Look for witnesses: Obtain the contact details of any witnesses to your accident. Once you have these details, your personal injury lawyer in Otterburn will be able to ask them to provide a statement in support of your claim.
- Take photographs: If possible, take photos of the scene of your accident. Your photographs must capture the cause of your accident. For example, they should show uneven flooring or faulty equipment.
- Record your accident in the accident book: Make a detailed record of your accident in your employer’s accident book. If your employer does not have one, write down all the details of your accident and send your record to your line manager and/or human resources manager. Also, keep a copy for your own reference.
- Seek medical advice: Visit your local accident and emergency department as soon as possible so that your injury can be assessed and documented for future reference. Even if your injuries seem minor, you should still make a visit to your local hospital. If you wish to make an accident claim, you will need to call upon your medical record to prove that your injury was sustained as a result of your workplace accident, and not as a result of your participation in a leisure pursuit for example.
- Investigate similar events: Try to determine whether there have been any similar accidents in your workplace within the last few years. If your employer has a history of breaching health and safety regulations, you will be in a good position to claim a sizeable compensation settlement.
Contact us to access the help of a qualified personal injury lawyer in Otterburn
As soon as you decide that you are going to pursue a compensation claim against your employer, you should call our freephone helpline on 0800 689 0500 and inform the legal team here at Accident Advice Helpline. One of our trained claims advisors will then be able to match you up with a personal injury lawyer in Otterburn. With our 100% no win no fee agreements, you will be able to hire a lawyer without putting your finances at risk.
Date Published: 6th February 2014
Author: Jan Newell