How much could you claim?

Find out in 30 seconds...
Injured in the last 3 years?
Was the accident your fault?
Did you recieve medical attention?
Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Please read our Terms & Conditions

    "If you've been injured through no fault of your own you could be entitled to compensation. If you're unsure if you could claim, I recommend you call Accident Advice Helpline."

    Esther Rantzen

    Lawyer in Onchan

    Why you might need a lawyer in Onchan

    Accidents in the workplace tend to arise as a result of careless acts or omissions. For example, your employer may have failed to carry out mandatory risk assessments or provide adequate training for your job role.

    Suffered an accident at work? You should report your injuries without delay

    Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, your employer must take reasonable steps to protect your health and safety while you are at work. If your employer has failed to do so, and you have suffered an accident as a result, then you may wish to pursue a compensation claim through an accident lawyer in Onchan.

    Regardless of the nature of your injuries, you should report your workplace accident to your employer without delay, raising any concerns about the safety of your working environment. The next step is to ensure that your accident, together with any supporting evidence, is accurately recorded in your employer’s formal accident book. The record should include a brief summary of your accident and the time and date on which it occurred. This may seem like a trivial exercise, particularly if you have already provided your employer with a verbal account of your accident, however it remains a legal requirement. Should you suffer any long-term complications, this record will prove vital in securing a sizeable compensation settlement.

    You may be eligible to claim compensation for an accident at work

    If your injuries have affected your ability to work, it may be appropriate for you to seek advice about the possibility of filing a workplace accident claim. You can receive no-obligation legal guidance when you call Accident Advice Helpline and speak to one of our trained claims advisors.

    While you could handle your claim yourself, it is advisable for you to enlist the help of a specialist accident lawyer in Onchan. If you call our freephone helpline, we will be able to provide you with access to a legal expert on a 100% no win no fee basis.

    Open Claim Calculator

    Do not fear a backlash – make a claim through an accident lawyer in Onchan

    You may feel hesitant to seek advice about the possibility of making a claim for compensation, fearing that you may encounter a backlash from your employer. However, it is important to remember that it is illegal for your employer to treat you unfairly or dismiss you for filing a work accident claim. If you happen to lose your job as a result of making a claim, you will be able to file an unfair dismissal claim against your employer.

    If you want to discuss your accident in more detail and get your questions answered just dial 0800 689 0500 and speak to our expert team for no obligation advice.

    Date Published: 6th February 2014

    Author: Jan Newell

    Accident Advice Helpline (or AAH) is a trading style of Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited. Slater Gordon Solutions Legal Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registration number 07931918, VAT 142 8192 16, registered office Dempster Building, Atlantic Way, Brunswick Business Park, Liverpool, L3 4UU and is an approved Alternative Business Structure authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority with licence number 591058 and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

    Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

    No-Win No-Fee: *Subject to insurance costs. Fee payable if case not pursued at client's request.