Lawyer in Old Street/City


Lawyer in Old Street/City

While the London Underground remains one of the safest forms of public transportation, accidents do happen, often causing severe injuries. Whether you have been injured in an accident whilst you were waiting on the platform at Old Street Station or travelling on board the tube train, you could be entitled to compensation.

Types of London Underground accidents

At Accident Advice Helpline, our personal injury lawyers have helped clients who have sustained injuries due to tube train accidents caused by:

  • Collisions with objects on the tracks
  • Derailment due to poor maintenance or vandalism
  • Collisions due to faulty signals or driver error
  • Damaged and/or broken seats
  • Wet surfaces
  • Platform overcrowding
  • Mechanical failure of the tube train

Common injuries resulting from tube train accidents include:

  • Head injuries
  • Neck and back injuries
  • Broken bones
  • Burns
  • Lacerations

All of these injuries can cause severe pain and discomfort.

Actions to take following an accident on a tube train

In the immediate aftermath of an accident on a tube train, you must:

  • Inform the driver or any other official as soon as possible. You should make a note of the name and occupation of that person and ensure that they enter the details of your accident in an official accident book.
  • Keep the ticket or receipt for your journey. Although there is a high probability that your accident will have been caught on CCTV, you will still need to prove that you were a passenger on the tube train.
  • Seek medical advice for your injuries from your local A&E department.
  • Collect the names and addresses of any witnesses to your accident.
  • Contact an accident lawyer in Old Street/City Road to discuss your eligibility to compensation.

To claim compensation for the injuries you have sustained, you must start your accident claim straight away. If you fail to start legal proceedings within three years of your accident, you will not be able to make a claim for compensation. If you are under the age of 18, the three-year time frame will start on your 18th birthday and end on your 21st birthday. This means you must make your claim before you turn 21.

Contact an accident lawyer in Old Street/City Road today

If you have suffered an accident on the London Underground, you can get in touch with an accident lawyer in Old Street/City Road or indeed any other location of your choice. To contact our personal injury team, call our freephone helpline or use our 30-second test.

  • Was this Helpful ?
  • Yes   No

How much you could claim?

Two QUICK ways to find:
  1. Call us at 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from your mobile OR
  2. Use our Claim Calculator

Disclaimer: This website contains content contributed by third parties, therefore any opinions, comments or other information expressed on this site that do not relate to the business of AAHDL or its associated companies should be understood as neither being held or endorsed by this business.

Claim Calculator
Find out in 30 seconds how much YOU could claim...
  • Please tell us where you were injured
  • Please enter your full name
  • Please enter a valid name
  • Please enter your telephone number
  • Please enter a valid telephone number
  • Terms and Conditions*Required

Can I Claim?

Esther says "The law states that if you’ve been injured and someone else is to blame, you are entitled to compensation." Read more >

Claim Calculator ► Accident Types ►

How Much Could I Claim?

It only takes 30 seconds to find out how much compensation you could receive. Take the 30 second test now.>

30 Second test ► Claim Form ►

Why Choose Us?

"When they say they are 100% no-win, no-fee*, they mean it. I would recommend Accident Advice Helpline to anybody." Read more >

No-Win, No-Fee*? ► Testimonials ►

Claim Now

"They were ever so professional ... they knew exactly what I was going through ... I received over £4500." Read more >

Claim Form ► Call Me Back ►
Is there anything wrong with this page? ( Help us Improve )