If you take to the roads in Northwood, your chance of being involved in a road traffic accident is high. If you are involved in a collision, you should follow these helpful tips:
Actions to take following a road traffic accident in Northwood
- If you have sustained serious injuries, call 999 and inform the emergency services immediately. If your accident involved an uninsured or untraceable driver, you must notify the police as soon as possible. If you fail to do so, you may struggle to win your personal injury compensation claim.
- Collect information from the other drivers involved in your accident, including their names, addresses, contact numbers, vehicle registration numbers and their insurance details.
- Approach any independent witnesses to your accident and request their names, addresses and phone numbers. Their statements could support your case if you wish to make a road traffic accident compensation claim.
- Try to gather physical evidence of the cause of your accident. If possible, you should make a rough sketch of the scene, including details such as the precise location and the weather conditions. If you have a camera, you may wish to take pictures of the vehicles involved and the area in which your accident took place.
- If you are unable to collect evidence, ask an onlooker to do so on your behalf.
- Tell your insurance company. Any delay could prejudice your ability to claim on your policy.
- Inform a personal injury lawyer in Northwood immediately. Your lawyer will be able to assess the whole situation and determine your eligibility to compensation.
Contacting an accident lawyer in Northwood
To contact an accident lawyer in Northwood, please call our Freephone legal helpline and talk to us about your claim. Our trained claims advisors will provide you with no-obligation legal advice, and if they believe they can help you, they will arrange appropriate funding for your claim.
Following a successful risk assessment, one of our accident lawyers will begin to pursue your claim on a 100% no win, no fee* basis. At Accident Advice Helpline, all of our lawyers possess a wealth of experience in handling road traffic accident claims in Northwood and they will work hard to secure the maximum possible compensation settlement for your case.
If you want to discuss your accident in more detail then make sure you get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Our expert advisers can be reached on 0800 689 0500 now