Find a suitable lawyer in Stretton or get help at Accident Advice Helpline?
Here at Accident Advice Helpline, we can provide you with an in-house injury lawyer. This means that you don’t actually require a lawyer in Stretton when you need advice or help regarding an injury incident in your home. Indeed, you’d be wise to forget all about finding a lawyer in Stretton to help you claim compensation. You see, we are often asked about injuries that happen when gardening. This puts us in a better position to help you than any lawyer in Stretton. The truth of matter is that most injuries that occur in the garden are the result of carelessness, improper tool maintenance or overzealousness wherein people bite off more than they can chew.
Garden accident statistics
According to figures from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accident’s (RoSPA) website, there are over 300,000 accidents that cause injury in our gardens every year. These are relatively serious injuries, not the sort you simply treat at home. They are injuries that necessitate a visit to an accident and emergency department. Take a look at these statistics concerning gardening accidents:
- Total accidents per year: approximately 300,000
- Total children hurt per year: approximately 110,000
- Total gardening injuries per year: approximately 87,000
- Total cut injuries when gardening: approximately 19,000
- Total fall injuries when gardening: approximately 18,000
- Total injuries from being struck by an object in the garden: approximately 12,600
Accident Advice Helpline can help you with gardening injury compensation claims
As you’re already probably aware, injuries that are the fault of injury victims themselves are not eligible to be the subject of a compensation claim. To be able to do that, the blame for any incident or accident must be attributable to a third party, for example, the manufacturer of a defective product. In instances like these, it may be possible to claim compensation. If so, here at Accident Advice Helpline we will be able to help you to raise a no-win, no-fee personal injury claim. TV personality and consumer rights campaigner Dame Esther Rantzen recommends our services.
Some important prerequisites to any compensation claim
When looking to make a compensation claim for a gardening injury, there are certain prerequisites that are required to validate any claim:
- The blame for the incident that results in injury must be attributable to someone other than the injury victim, someone who can be sued for damages
- The severity of the injury must justify the raising of any claim, so, in other words, minor injuries should be excluded
- A record of any medical treatment necessitated will be required
- The incident and injury must have happened in the past three years
Valuing your claim
Anyone wishing to establish the potential value of a claim before they set about making it can use the compensation calculator on this website. It only takes 30 seconds.
If you have any queries or concerns, chat to one of our experienced advisers. Just call our free helpline. You can access this by calling 0800 689 0500 from any landline or 0333 500 0993 from any mobile.
Date Published: 10th March 2014
Author: David Brown