What is a compensation calculator?
(and where you can find one and how to use it!)
Compensation is a financial payment made to people who have suffered an injury as a result of someone else’s action of negligence. We can be hurt in so many different ways – some injuries are life-changing, with life never being the same again. Others injuries are minor but the way in which we can be hurt as numerous too.
But with so many variations, how on earth do law firms like the Accident Advice Helpline, and their expert lawyer in Helmsley, know when they can and cannot help someone claim compensation?
AAH pondered this question for a while and then, many years ago, they invented a brilliant tool called the Compensation Calculator.
This small thing can be the door that opens the way to the compensation you need and deserve!
Where to find it?
The compensation calculator can be used in two ways:Open Claim Calculator
- Firstly, you can call AAH on 0800 689 0500 and talk with one of our brilliant advisers, knowledgeable, friendly AND professional
- Or you can log on to our website, just search for Accident Advice Helpline, and you will find it on our home page (there is also loads more information and articles on there too!)
But, if I need the help of a lawyer in Helmsley, how does this compensation calculator help?
Before our lawyer in Helmsley can help you claim the compensation you deserve, we need to check that you are entitled to claim, with an eligible case – this is essentially what the compensation calculator checks out. Even better, this tool will give you (and us!) the results in seconds.
It centres around the following key points of personal injury law in the UK:
- The accident must not have been your fault – British law has stated for many decades now that if you have been hurt and it was not your fault, then you can claim financial justice for this.
- If you were injured, you must have sought medical attention – there is no room for self-diagnosis and medicating when it comes to claiming compensation! Your expert lawyer in Helmsley will need to know the details of your injury, as well as where and when you received your treatment. It does not matter how severe or minor your injuries were, you must seek medical attention from a suitably qualified professional!
- The accident must also have happened within the last 3 years – but, as your lawyer in Helmsley will tell you, claiming as soon as you can after your accident will help significantly with your compensation case.