Corby in Northamptonshire, England in the UK. It has a fast growing population, and therefore a lot of workers within the borough. Accidents happen here just like everywhere else in the UK, the result of this is unfortunately a lot of injuries are sustained, and even some life long diseases have developed.
If you or someone you know developed an asbestos-related disease or injury, which was not your fault, it is your legal right to claim compensation. If you or a family member was employed in or near Corby, you may be searching for an injury lawyer in Corby to assist you file a personal injury compensation claim.
Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline is a law firm which specializes in personal injury compensation claims of all types including asbestos-related claims.
It is advisable to call Accident Advice Helpline since they have an expert lawyer in Corby since they operate throughout the UK. They are 24/7 readily available on their free phone numbers 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 for expert advice or take the 30 second test on their website to know if you qualify to make a compensation claim.
How an injury lawyer in Corby can help you
Asbestos mineral has been used in the construction industry, shipyards, automobiles brake shoes and clutch pads, plastics, tiles and paints. Your employer should provide you with protective clothing like masks and if this is not done and you fall sick, you can ask a lawyer in Corby to claim personal injury compensation from your employer.
When asbestos is used the microscopic fibres which compose the mineral are released into the air and it is inhaled especially by workers in these industries causing industrial diseases and illnesses some of which take years to reveal the symptoms. In such instances a personal injury compensation claim is extended beyond the 3 years limit.
- Asbestosis. This is a condition that involves inflammation of the lungs. It causes chest pain, coughing usually with mucus, shortness of breath, tightness of chest, and in severe cases loss of breath due to scarring of the lungs. The doctor carries out medical examinations and the history of the patient is recorded.
- Mesothelioma (lungs) will result in chest pain and loss of breadth. This is a rare cancer caused by inhaling asbestos that affects the lining of the lungs, the chest cavity and in some instance the abdomen.
- Abdominal mesothelioma can result to abdominal swelling and pain, weight loss, anaemia, fever and bowel obstruction are common.
- Lung cancer. Coughing out blood, unexplained weight loss, shortness of breath, wheezing and persistent chest pain is usually reported. This is one of the most serious diseases that can arise after working in Asbestos related environment.
- Pleural plaque is a condition that causes thickening of the membranes that often surround the lungs.
- Pleural fluids accumulate between the chest inside wall and the lungs.