Many people work in the field of transportation in the UK. This includes ferries, ships, trucks, and other sea and ground-borne modes of transportation. While safety measures have been taken to protect employees, some factors cannot be controlled. This includes the weather and negligence on part of either driver. A lawyer in Carlyon Bay would be available to discuss this with you.
Accidents in the transportation industry
Several people involved in the transportation industry have been affected by accidents. Here are examples of some that have taken place on sea and ground:
- Ferry accidents – Ferries happen to collide into one another due to storms and/or negligence by the driver.
- Shipping accidents – Due to climatic conditions.
- Broken wrist – Someone controlling ships and ferries could suffer from a broken wrist while say trying to swerve the vehicle away from a wave.
- Head and brain injuries – Driving a car too fast in an attempt to get a product to a destination may result in two or more cars colliding into one another.
- Motorbike accidents – Employees who use motorbikes to transport goods to a client usually use the vehicle within the city where there is a lot of traffic. This could lead to a serious motorbike accident, especially with the number of cars on the roads.
In such cases, the use of helmets and other protection gear isn’t enough, which is why you could file a claim against your employer with the help of a lawyer in Carlyon Bay.
Possible claims a lawyer in Carlyon Bay can file
As an employee, there are several claims you can file against your employer. Here are some examples:
- Head and brain injuries – If you have suffered serious head and brain injuries due to a defected motorbike, it would be possible for you to file a claim against your employer.
- Metatarsal fracture – You may have slipped on your company’s ferry or boat.
- Fatal injury – You may be seriously affected by a car that may have hit your motorbike
Though it would be wise to get insurance, some damages may not be covered by your insurance policy and in such cases, you can contact a lawyer in Carlyon Bay through Accident Advice Helpline to help you file a claim against your employers.
They have lots of different types of lawyers for all sorts of injuries and would be able to help.
They will give you advice free of cost. Accident Advice Helpline has a ‘no-win, no-fee’ policy and has an amazing staff of helpful advisers who would help you with your issues as well.
However, if you would like to find out how much compensation you may be entitled to if you do go on to win your case without speaking to an adviser, then go to their website and take the 30-second test.
You can also call them on 0800 689 0500 (landline) or 0333 500 0993 (mobile).