There are several industrial diseases and illnesses that one may suffer due to exposure to certain occupational hazards over a long period of time. This is where a lawyer in Carluke would be able to help deal with the damage caused by assisting you with filing a claim. Accident Advice Helpline would be able to provide you with just the help you need against your employer along with a lawyer in Carluke.
Many people in the construction industry suffer from industrial diseases and illnesses. Various employees working in these industries are also at risk of developing different sorts of diseases.
Construction industry accidents
Employees working in the construction industry are exposed to working conditions that could have a serious, and possibly even fatal, impact on their health. Even when measures are taken to protect employees, or to minimize the chances of one getting affected by them, chances of damage are still present.
This is primarily because the environment they are exposed to is unsafe mostly due to dust, the use of machinery, and a lot of noise that could possibly impair their sense of hearing. In such cases you may be seeking a lawyer in Carluke to assist with your claim.
Possible construction industry claims a lawyer in Carluke can file
There are various situations where you could demand that your employer pay for the harm caused to you. As an employee you may be able to file certain claims against your employer such as:
- Construction safety – If you were injured because you weren’t provided with the necessary equipment for your safety while on the job, you could file a claim against your employer.
- Mesothelioma – A cancer caused due to exposure to asbestos over a long period of time
- Asbestosis – Caused due to inhalation of dust at the construction site
- Broken bones – Employees could break their bones as a consequence of having to lift too much weight or of falling from height
- Industrial deafness – Too much noise at the construction site could cause construction workers to lose their sense of hearing if adequate hearing protection is not provided.
- Occupational asthma – when exposed to too much dust or other pollutants, the chances of developing occupational asthma are very high. This is due to the deposition of such material in the lungs.
You can contact Accident Advice Helpline from your mobile phone by dialling 0333 500 0993 or 0800 689 0500 from a landline for the assistance you deserve. You do not have to worry about paying fees to your lawyer in Carluke if you do not win a case as Accident Advice Helpline operates a strict no-win, no-fee policy.
Date Published: 5th February 2014
Author: David Brown