There are far more charity shops than there used to be on our high street and our regional shopping areas and so more and more people are working in them. Some people work as volunteers, and for young people this can provide a valuable work experience opportunity. Others are salaried employees and may be managing the shop or several shops at the same time.
Working in a charity shop carries the same risks as working in any part of the retail sector and employees who suffer a workplace accident are just as entitled to contact Accident Advice Helpline and enquire about personal injury compensation claims. Here are some typical queries which may arise.
Typical compensation claims, and charity shop queries
We can use a hypothetical example here to introduce you to our injury compensation claims firm. A person works in a charity shop on Monday and Wednesday mornings. One day they cut themselves badly on a sharp item in a bag of donated items and require medical attention.
Now if the cut is so bad that it requires surgery to repair the damage, and it is several months before they regain full use of their hand/wrist etc, this could be a time when our services could be used.
These are the main questions we would ask the claimant in this situation:
- Was the accident more than three years ago?
- Did you receive medical attention for your injury?
- Were you provided with protective gloves to wear when you were sorting through donations?
- Were you instructed to sort donations safely and were you taught how to do this?
- Were you taught to use a sorting table and to carry out a careful initial sift?
- Were you taught to have a careful look at the contents of the bag once it had been emptied out in order to identify any sharp objects that may cause injury?
Looking for a lawyer in Blankney?
Although Accident Advice Helpline do not have access to a local personal injury lawyer in Blankney they can still represent you and your claim. This is because they are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in Blankney look no further than this expert service.
For expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.