What can I spend my compensation on?
Seems an odd question to be asking, especially as we have not fully discussed the process of claiming compensation and whether your claim is eligible but, for many people, it is a query they have.
Some people, with the help of AAH and our expert lawyer in Holmfirth, receive cheques of mind-boggling amounts. No one could possibly deny anyone who has been hurt the financial justice they are entitled to.
Some people suffer horrendous injuries, life-threatening at the point of the accident that then go on to have a long term impact on their lives. For other customers that our lawyer in Holmfirth has helped, their injuries are not as severe and they have used the money to help them put all the recent stress, strain, worry and injury behind them.
Can I spend it on what I want?
Essentially, as soon as your cheque has arrived and any fees are paid, the money is yours to do as you wish. Some claimants who have worked with our lawyer in Holmfirth have used the money to make important and much-needed changes such as:
- Made adaptations to their homes so that they can still enjoy living there, as well as being more able to easily move around their property
- Some claimants have invested in a new vehicle, meaning they can carry on driving or have a car that can accommodate their wheelchair
- Other claimants helped by our lawyer in Holmfirth have used the financial justice they received to seek specialist medical treatment that may be unavailable on the NHS
- For some people, they have placed the money in trust; this is common in the case of where children or young people have been injured in an accident and they may need the money at some point in the future
How do I know if a lawyer in Holmfirth can help me with my case?
There are two ways to get the right advice:Open Claim Calculator
- Call AAH on 0800 689 0500 and talk to one of our advisers – even better news is that our phone lines are open every hour of the day, every day of the week! You call when it is the best time for you!
- Or you can log on to our website – on the home page, you will find our compensation calculator; simply fill this in and send it to us. On receipt, we will call you at a time you ask us to and we will discuss your case with you then.
Calling us will not tie you in to anything either; if you just want to talk through your situation, we are happy to do just that!