There are many things you need to be aware of when making a compensation claim for your injuries; some, many people know about but there is always one big sticking point that could see your access to one of the best lawyers around thwarted BEFORE you even get going… TIME.
It’s like an egg-timer…
When your time has run out, the game is over.
Claiming compensation relies on three factors being fulfilled (and all 3 need to be correct before your lawyer in Hanley can proceed with your case)
- The accident in which you were hurt must NOT be your fault – you could be a passenger in a car, for example, where the driver was at fault but if you have been hurt, you can claim.
- You must have received medical attention for your injury or injuries – this means making a visit to your GP or the local Accident & Emergency department if you are not taken to hospital as a precaution after your accident. Your injuries may be slight or they may be serious, either way you can still make a claim for compensation with the expertise of our lawyers.
- But the biggest issue that people come up against is TIME and this is how it works:
- Accidents and events – you have 3 years from the date of your accident to make a claim; anything beyond this timeframe will render your case ineligible and not even our lawyers ill be able to help!
- Industrial diseases – there are men and women who are suffering today from diseases that they contracted from working environment and conditions in which they worked. These cases, which our expert lawyers can also handle, have three years from the date they were told they had an industrial disease.
- Cases involving children – again, as your lawyer will be able to tell you in greater detail, the time frame for these cases are slightly different but, they must be resolved or look to be resolved within three years of the child turning 18 years of age. Hence, large compensation pay-outs are held in trust until the child turns 18 years of age.
Looking for an injury lawyer in Hanley?
If so, don’t let its shelf life pass without making a claim for compensation. If you think you have a genuine claim, then we can help.
We do not have a personal injury lawyer in Hanley working directly for us but this doesn’t matter, we can still help you claim as we are a national injury law firm that covers all areas of the UK. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in Hanley or anyway make us your first point of call.
Call us on 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 0993 from a mobile phone – from most major UK landline providers, the call will be free but check before you call. You can also contact us via our website, requesting a call back!Open Claim Calculator