An assault in Churchtown can be one of the most upsetting experiences that we can suffer. Even though this type of crime is thankfully very rare in the area, someone stands a chance of being assaulted every year and ends up suffering from the physical and emotional effects as well as having to hunt for a personal injury lawyer to help them claim some compensation.
Some people who have been assaulted are not aware that they can actually claim compensation (financial) for their injuries. In road traffic accidents and workplace accidents compensation is usually claimed from the person who caused the accident. So in a workplace accident you would usually claim from your employer and use a workplace injury lawyer to help you. In a road traffic accident you would use a road traffic injury lawyer to help you claim from another driver.
Claims for criminal assaults are a bit different. People tend to claim compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.
There are strict rules and procedures about who can claim and about how to do so and so most people ask a criminal assault lawyer to help them.
Your guide to getting help from a criminal assault lawyer
- Start by calling a law firm – Accident Advice Helpline. They have a team of highly trained, professional advisers who will be able to answer all of your questions because they deal with hundreds of assault injury claims every year. Tell them about the assault and the injuries that you have suffered.
- Accident Advice Helpline will allocate you a personal injury lawyer to handle your case. They will have particular expertise in this area of law. They will handle your case over the telephone as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- You will be asked to provide some further details about the severity of your injuries and a medical report will probably be required. Compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority is issued on a sliding scale. The more serious injuries generally get the higher levels of compensation.
- Assault injury claims do not have to incur a large upfront lump sum for legal costs if Accident Advice Helpline takes on your case. Their lawyers work on a no win no fee* basis.
- There is a certain amount of paperwork (forms, letters and reports) involved in processing this type of claim, so it is always best to have the experts help you get as much compensation as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about your claim, Accident Advice Helpline operate a hotline which is open 24 hours a day and 7 days a week so you can call whenever is most convenient for you.
Looking for a lawyer in Churchtown?
Although Accident Advice Helpline do not have access to a local personal injury lawyer in Churchtown they can still represent you and your claim. This is because they are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in Churchtown look no further than this expert service.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 9th February 2014
Author: Sharon Parry