Do you know that some of the tallest buildings in the United Kingdom and in Europe as a whole are found in Canary Wharf? Canary Wharf is an important business district which is situated in the Borough of Tower Hamlets, East London in the UK. One Canada Square owned by Canary Wharf Group is the 2nd tallest building in the UK and the 15th tallest in Europe. Other buildings include 8 Canada Square, 25 Canada Square, One Churchill Place and 4 Bank Street among others.
Canary Wharf is a major financial services centre which forms one of the two main London financial services centres together with the city of London. The area is home to several world and European headquarters like Barclays, Citigroup, Thomson Reuters and many others.
Many other buildings are under development in Canary Wharf and workers need to be provided with hard hats. If this is not done and you get hurt you may claim personal injury compensation through a lawyer in Canary Wharf.
Accident Advice Helpline
Accident Advice Helpline are specialists in all personal injury compensation matters and they will get you a lawyer in Canary Wharf. They operate throughout the United Kingdom and they offer services on a no-win no-fee basis.
For free legal advice you can call them on their 24/7 free phone numbers 0800 689 0500 or 0333 500 993. Alternatively, go to their website and take the 30 second test to find out if your claim is valid and get an estimate of the amount of compensation you can be awarded if you win.
Make sure you call a lawyer in Canary Wharf
Hard hats are protective helmets which are worn for protection. Hard hats are used in workplaces like construction sites, mining industry and in warehouses to protect against head injuries from falling objects, electric shock, bad weather, debris and bumping the head against objects.
Different colours may be used for different roles i.e. managers, engineers, carpenters etc. while in large projects employees of each company may wear the same colour to identify them.
Stickers with company logos and names of workers are used so new managers, supervisors and foremen can know the workers by name and in some instances qualifications and training skills of the workers is added on the sticker.
Employers should provide workers with free hard hats. If this is not done a lawyer in Canary Wharf can be consulted.
- Head and brain injury-occurs when hit by a falling object or debris, when there is impact against equipment and structures.
- Disability-those who do hard labour have high chances of disability. It is important to provide them with hard hats and other protective clothing to minimize hazards.
- Electrocution-this can lead to long-term conditions or death and this should be avoided as much as possible.
- Brain damage-occurs when the victim is involved in an accident or trauma.
- Traumatic brain injury-this occurs when the victim is involved in traumatic situations like falling from heights or being hit on the head by an object. The skull is broken leading to brain injury.
- Fatality-this is the most devastating news especially if it was caused by someone else’s negligence.
Date Published: 13th January 2014
Author: David Brown