Cycling is a popular pastime for keeping your body fit. It is a sport enjoyed by all ages. If you get injured in an accident that was not your fault, you may require a lawyer in Caldecott to help you file a personal injury compensation claim. So why not call Accident Advice Helpline?
Cycle injuries dealt with by a lawyer in Caldecott
Before riding your bike, ensure that it is fit and you use the proper cycling techniques. Always wear a helmet while biking to protect your head from injury. However, despite taking all relevant precautions, you could still get injured. You may have hired a bike which was not properly maintained or someone might open a car door suddenly hitting the bike and you may lose control and fall on the road surface. A lawyer in Caldecott may help you if you get injured due to somebody else’s fault. Common cycling injuries include:
- Knee and heel pain – Soft tissues can become painful, stiff and sore. The kneecap motion is reduced. Ibuprofen, aspirin or acetaminophen are recommended.
- Arch pain – causing inflammation and a burning sensation.
- Sprains and strains – pain, swelling and bruising cause pain and at times the affected area can become infected.
- Concussion – is caused by a severe head trauma when you fall on the road surface. The brain violently moves within the skull and could potentially lead to seizures. Always wear a helmet when you are cycling.
- Osteoarthritis – this is a common type of arthritis affecting athletes. The joint cartridge wears away with time. It can affect the knees, hips or other joints causing intense pain, swelling and decreased motion of the joint.
- Fractures – of legs, shoulders, arms etc. when a cyclist falls. A brace, elastic splint or a plaster cast is used to treat the fractures.
Why get a lawyer?
Getting a lawyer in Caldecott through Accident Advice Helpline will help you a lot when it comes to making a claim for injuries that happened through no fault of your own. We have friendly and professional advisors waiting for your call to provide you with free no-obligation advice. If you would like to find out whether you qualify to make a claim, take the 30-second test here on the website. You will also receive an estimate of how much compensation you may receive.
A lawyer in Caldecott from Accident Advice Helpline will answer all your questions and queries that you may have and guide you through the whole claim process, and will work for you on a 100% no-win, no-fee basis so you don’t have to worry about how you’re going to fund your claim.
You can call us 24 hours a day on freephone 0800 689 0500 or, if you’re calling from a mobile, dial 0333 0500 0993. Make that call today.
Date Published: 4th June 2017
Author: Jan Newell