Bridport is a market town in Dorset. The town has an arts centre, museum, cinema and library. It hosts many festival and events every year. These include the Bridport Literary Festival, West Bay Wallow, Bridport Open Studios, the Food Festival, Bridport Carnival and the RNLI Raft Race on River Brit.
You may be a worker in Bridport growing crops which you sell in the monthly farmers’ market. In such a setup, many agricultural accidents can take place. A tree can fall, bales of hay can roll down, and workers can get injured while constructing or repairing machinery, equipment and farm buildings. All these may pose a danger to your health and you may find yourself searching for a lawyer in Bridport as a result.
Get the necessary help
When you develop occupational diseases because of the nature of your work, you should seek medical treatment immediately before symptoms worsen. You may develop asthma by inhaling dust, or a lung infection. Get help by calling Accident Advice Helpline or taking our 30-second test. We have a team of lawyers who specialise in cases that are related to your occupation.
Accident Advice Helpline are a law firm who deal with helping workers who get injured in accidents that were not their own fault. Some accidents have been fatal, so the risk is high. We will fight your case in court or negotiate for a settlement out of court.
How you as the victim can be helped by a lawyer in Bridport
Legally, it is the duty of your employer to provide you with a safe working environment, well maintained equipment and machinery, protective clothing, and proper training. If this is not done and you develop an occupational illness or disease, your lawyer in Bridport from Accident Advice Helpline will help you claim compensation.Open Claim Calculator
There are several occupational illnesses or diseases that can arise:
- Asthma: this condition can become chronic, but it is manageable by drugs and avoiding any allergic causes. The victim may require an injury solicitor to claim compensation to cover medical bills and loss of earnings.
- Lung infections and lung diseases: this can be treated with antibiotics, but some infections are resistant to drugs.
- Skin diseases: these can be treated by physicians or other healthcare providers.
- Cuts: a blade in the machinery or tool may cut off a limb. You may bleed and lose blood, and in severe cases blood transfusion may be necessary.
- Fracture: you may sustain a fracture on your leg, hand or any other part of your body, especially if the farm vehicle overturned or rolled, hitting you directly. A medical doctor who specialises in fractures will be the right person to treat you. Ensure that you get copies of all the medical reports from the doctor, hospital bills and receipts to help a lawyer in Bridport prove your case.
If you want to discuss your accident in more detail then make sure you get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Our expert advisers can be reached on 0800 689 0500 now