Bridlington is a town and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire. If you are a pedestrian who sustained an injury that resulted from a motor traffic accident which was someone else’s fault, you can ask a qualified legal firm like Accident Advice Helpline to file a personal injury compensation claim through a lawyer in Bridlington. There are many lawyers listed online or in a local telephone directory, so you may be overwhelmed wondering who can file a lawsuit involving a pedestrian injury claim successfully.
How you can be helped
You may be searching for a lawyer in Bridlington, but not all of them specialise in pedestrian injury claims. Accident Advice Helpline are a law firm who specialise in all types of personal injury compensation claims, and our lawyers will file a successful lawsuit on your behalf.
A few answers on the 30-second test on our website will get you started right away. Take the first step of calling a legal adviser at Accident Advice Helpline, who will connect you to an experienced solicitor in our team.
Filing a successful claim through a lawyer in Bridlington
Pedestrians are prone to many risks in their everyday lives. They can be hit by drivers who speed, drive under the influence of alcohol and drugs, those who ignore traffic rules and regulations at pedestrian crossings or by the roadside, and those who are negligent.
Ask other drivers, pedestrians and passengers to help you collect all the information they observed at the accident scene. The police will record a statement and give evidence in court when a solicitor files a lawsuit to pursue your injury claim or in an out-of-court negotiation, so ensure that you collect their report.Open Claim Calculator
Pedestrians can also slip, trip and fall on poorly maintained pavements, while they can also be injured at construction sites as they pass. These cases can become complicated, so you can ask a lawyer in Bridlington from Accident Advice Helpline to help you pursue a claim. Filing a lawsuit may seem like a hassle to many victims, but a lawyer in Bridlington will take up the matter and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
- Facial injuries: a pedestrian who falls forwards may fall on their face.
- Head injuries: the pedestrian may hit the road surface with their head by falling backwards or sideways. This is a serious injury which may cause a head injury.
- Lacerations: if you sustained cuts, especially deep ones, the best thing to do is to get medical attention immediately.
- Grazes: some parts of your body may be grazed, especially the knees and elbows, depending on how you fell on the tarmac. To avoid infections on the affected areas, have them treated with analgesics.
- Fractures: you may sustain a fracture on your leg, hand or head, especially if the car hit you directly. A medical doctor who specialises in fractures will treat you. Ensure that you get copies of all the medical reports from the doctor, hospital bills and receipts, as well as the police report.
If you want to discuss your accident in more detail then make sure you get in touch with Accident Advice Helpline. Our expert advisers can be reached on 0800 689 0500 now