Stroll down any high street or regional shopping area in the UK these days, including Blandford, and you are likely to encounter a charity shop. This sector rapidly expanded during the recession as cash-strapped families searched for a cost-effective way of obtaining clothes. They provide a valuable recycling opportunity as well as raising thousands of pounds for charities every year.
Charity shops are very similar to all other retail premises in the Blandford area and if you are unfortunate enough to suffer an accident whilst you are working or shopping in a charity shop then you may be able seek the help of Accident Advice Helpline.
They are a legal firm who have been helping clients to start personal injury compensation claims for the past ten years.
Making a compensation claim
Contact the experts – Accident Advice Helpline. They will be able to give you top advice on how to go about starting a personal injury compensation claim and will handle all of the legal aspects for you. They will even fill in as many forms as they can on your behalf – letting you concentrate on recovering from your injury. So long as your accident was in the last three years, was not your own fault and you received medical attention for your injures you may be able to go ahead and start a claim. Just call Accident Advice Helpline on their 24/7 hotline and let them do the rest. Before you know it your personal injury compensation claim will be over and you will be receiving your compensation money.
Compensation claim accidents
Here are some accidents which might end up as personal injury compensation claims in charity shops:
- Customers falling over stock or donations that have not been put away because staff were not instructed to ‘clean as you go’. The customers were not expecting to find walkways littered with objects as they walked around the shop.
- Customers slipping on spillages because a ‘WET FLOOR’ sign was not used to mark an area where a spillage had occurred.
- Customers slipping on wet floors which were being wet mopped when the shop was open and full of customers instead of this task being carried out when the shop was closed.
- Customers slipping on a wet floor by the entrance because door mats were not used to soak up rainwater on wet days.
- Customers tripping over floor surface coverings that were in a poor condition because they were not maintained properly and because defective areas were not cordoned off to keep the public away.
All of these hazards would be exacerbated by poor lighting – good lighting highlights any hazards and so customers are less likely to slip, trip or fall over them.
Looking for a personal injury lawyer in Blandford?
Although Accident Advice Helpline do not have access to a local personal injury lawyer in Blandford they can still represent you and your claim. This is because they are a national firm that works across the whole of the UK. So if you need a personal injury lawyer in Blandford look no further than this expert service.
So for expert legal advice about a possible claim call Accident Advice Helpline today on: 0800 689 0500 from a landline or: 0333 500 0993 from a mobile.
Date Published: 9th February 2014
Author: Sharon Parry